Chapter 13

Chloe & Halle are QUEENS!! fight me

I leaned my head back on the headrest as Atlas started the car. I hope that nobody else dies from my mistakes in the past.

The car ride to Victoria's house was quiet and uneventful. I was too stressed to start anything, my main concern was the people trying to kill me. 

Like I'm way too young, beautiful, funny, sarcastic, etc to DiE. Like come on, but real talk I'm pretty fricking ugly. 

Maybe I should just let them kill me. I mean why continue running when they're just going to find me again because no matter what I do they always come back.

They don't want money

They don't want food

They want my head or heart either one is fine with them, but maybe they'll want both. So like I'll just have a closed casket because I won't have a head. Or maybe I'll write in my will an open casket so I can scare the guests.

Hilarious.

"We're almost here", Atlas informs me. I nod before grabbing my bag from off the floor, hopefully no one gets murdered or like carved out or anything. 

Speaking of which I hope I don't like die at their house. Alejandro might just shoot me in my sleep, that would be bad, but not really because I'll have a quick painless death. Which is better than what the other people are planning on doing. 

What a shame.

Maybe I can bribe him into doing that, it could become the last resort we all know he's been waiting to do it for like ever.

I felt the car come to a stop, we were like in the middle of nowhere. One big house was in front of us, and the rest was woods, dirt, and gravel. I guess if something were to happen nobody would know.

I took a deep breath before pushing open the car door. Time to meet my fate.

"Hey there CeCe", Dante exclaimed before pulling me into a big hug. 

"Please don't call me that", I told him, grunting as Victoria pulled me into another big hug, I guess I was missed.

"Oh honey Atlas briefed us on what happened we're so sorry and we are going to protect you, we even moved here so nobody will know where you are", Victoria told me.

"Ahh, speak for yourself, I didn't ask to be here nor will I protect this girl. We're risking our lives for this one and is it not weird that we one of the biggest mafia leaders don't know who's after her", Alejandro exclaimed angrily.

Well, maybe you aren't as good as you say big shot.

"Alex stop, she is scared and you never even gave her the chance to explain herself", Victoria argued. I shrunk back getting uncomfortable because they were fighting over me. Honestly, maybe I would've been better on my own.

I might have a bigger risk of death on my own but hey, at least I won't be the cause of divorce. Maybe I'm over-reacting a bit but-

"Come on let's go see the inside", Dante whispered, cutting me from my thoughts. I nodded as he pulled me away from the adults into the huge house. I've never seen a house as big as this and my mind is a bit blown.

"Yeah, while the adults are doing boring stuff why don't we do the fun stuff", He told me running into the house. I smiled and placed my bags on the side, before joining him in running around the house. 

"And this room is the theater, yes we do have our own theater which is fucking awesome", He yelled.

THEY HAVE A HOME THEATER!! I NEVER WANT TO LEAVE!!

I look up only to see Dante halfway down the hallway. Grinning I ran after him, my shoes making a soft thudding sound as I ran on the gray carpets. 

"AND this is the backyard-"

"YOU HAVE A JACUZZI", I screamed in excitement. I'm definitely using that sometime this week. 

"Yes, and a pool and a trampoline and a garden", He informed me bouncing on his feet.

"Fuck the garden we need to check out this trampoline", I said.

"Wow we turn around for one second and you guys have already disappeared", Matteo says walking up to us. I smile sheepishly as I kinda forgot about everyone else.

"Sorry", I say but it came out more like a question than an actual apology.  He just shook his head in amusement before walking back inside. Turning to Dante we both grinned mischievously.

I took off my socks and shoes, and put my hair in a bun on the top of my head. Dante did the same taking off his socks and shoes but he didn't have enough hair to put it in a bun so that was sad.

We turned towards the pool ready to go until we heard a loud voice.

"Don't you DARE", Atlas yelled stomping into the backyard. He was a couple yards away, so he was pretty far.

"When you get sick don't even come to us for help", He spoke. I was about to just not do it but Dante grabbed my waist and threw me in.

I screamed as I sunk into the cold water, swimming back up to the surface I grabbed Dante's legs making him fall face-first into the pool. 

I laughed loud but quickly closed my mouth as Dante pushed down on my shoulders submerging me once again. I could faintly hear Atlas yelling something but it was drowned out by the water in my ears. 

Coming back up to the surface, I saw Dante out of the pool sneaking up behind Atlas. I don't know how he did that so quietly. I stifled my laughs as Dante threw Atlas into the cold pool, I might not be the one to die today.

"DANTE, SIENNA", Atlas boomed. I froze before quickly exiting the pool and running. I tripped on a stray tree root but I was swiftly picked up in as Dante threw me over his shoulder. I looked up, since I was backwards I was able to see Atlas charging after us.

He was gaining on us.

I'm too young to die!

My body shifted as Dante took a sharp turn into the house.

"AH, Stop don't even think about running through my house like that", Victoria commanded. Atlas entered after us, and thankfully he wasn't able to do anything since Victoria commanded us to immediately go to our rooms to freshen up.

Thank God.

Honestly a mad Atlas is SCARY.