3.3

THIRTY-THREE.
the past shadows

🔹️🔹️🔹️

"Adalyn," Mando said through a heavy sigh. "What's going on with the kid? What's this.. power that you both have?"

I shook my head, walking over to one of the passenger seats and sitting down. "You won't understand--"

"Not if you don't tell me." He interrupted, moving over to stand in front of me. I raised my head to look into his helmet.

I thought carefully for a moment. I sighed, turning my gaze onto the ground. "Like I said, it's too complicated for you to understand, Mando."

"Try me." He said, kneeling down on the floor. I ran a hand through my hair, staring at the armored man in front of me. He grabbed my hands and placed it in between his.

▪︎▪︎▪︎

"Master Yoda?" I called out to my Master while slashing my lightsaber around. He hobbled over to me weakly.

"Hmm..?"

I deactivated my lightsaber, placing it in my belt. I fell back and sat down on the ground. "Do you think I've finished with my training?"

"Hmm.. more than finished, you are." He chuckled, sitting down next to me with the help of his cane. I stared at Master Yoda in confusion.

"More than finished..?"

"Yes, yes.. indeed, you are." He coughed, leaning against his cane. "The Force is strong with you, young Jedi -- stronger than it is within your Master."

"No.. I don't think so," I shook my head, laying on the ground. "You're way more powerful than me, that's for sure."

"Don't believe in yourself, do you? Hmm?" Master Yoda sighed. "That is why the Force will only grow weaker within you."

"Master, I'm not going to throw away my knowledge of the Force." I smiled to myself, staring up at the sky. ".. I'm a Jedi."

"Yes, but overcome your first obstacle, you have not." He frowned. "Still, one opponent awaits you on the other side. Challenging your choice and power, he is!"

"What--"

"Act as if this information is new, do not," He interrupted, nodding to himself weakly. "Tell you this, I shall.. Never belittle the power of--"

"The Dark Side." I muttered under my breath. "I know, Master."

He coughed, "Then you know exactly what you must do. Hmm?"

Just then, in the distance, an X-Wing began to land near Master Yoda's cottage. I immediately sat up and stared at the ship. A few seconds later, a familiar figure jumped out of the pilot's seat. My eyes widened as I turned to face my Master.

"Come back, he has." Master Yoda shook his head in disapproval. I laughed, standing up and running over to my dearest teammate.. and friend.

"Luke!"

◇ ◇ ◇

The sounds of the fire crackling inside the cottage sent chills down my spine as I looked over at Master Yoda's extremely frail body. Right next to me was Luke, also staring down at Master Yoda with a concerned look on his face.