19

"why is yoongi's arm bruised?"

hoseok widen his eyes. "what?"

"i saw his arm. it's bruised. what happened."

"i..." hoseok gulped hard. "i-i don't know." he lied.

he's lying to keep his friend safe.

namjoon put his hands down on the desk, leaning down to hoseok's face.

"hoseok." his voice went into a slight growl. "give me answers."

"getting answers from me, won't explain everything."

"hoseok, please—"

the boy immediately went on his feet, making the taller stand up normally.

"namjoon." hoseok sighed. "it's not my place to tell you. what you saw is his story. not mine."

"i want to help."

"why."

"because—" namjoon stopped, looking around to see some people staring.

he just sighed and grabbed hoseok's wrist, pulling him out of the classroom.

now they're both in the bathroom, namjoon looking under the stalls to check.

he sighed softly, looking up at hoseok.

"hoseok." namjoon softly sighed. "i'm the chairman's son, correct?"

"yeah—namjoon, i'm confused. i don't get what you're trying to say." hoseok rubbed his forehead.

"hoseok, just listen." he sighed once more. "when i transferred here, i wanted to change. i wanted to forget who i was. i didn't want to be the chairman's son. i wanted to be a normal kid like everyone else. i rather get yelled at by a teacher instead of them having a smile across their faces."

"you..wanted to be normal?"

namjoon nodded. "i don't want to be called mr.kim, i want to be called namjoon. i-i didn't want someone to tell me that i have a visitor, can't they just walk in and say hi? no. of course not." he placed his hand on his head. "i want to be treated normal..but my father makes me like a prince in the school!"

"nam—"

"no." he interrupted. "i just..i don't want to care about myself. i-i feel selfish—i care about yoongi but i can't because i'm the chairman's son? i-i don't backstab people, i want to care about other people."

"namjoon." hoseok spoke up. "i can tell you're trying."

"i am." he took a deep breath. "i-i don't want to hurt yoongi, i'm just..trying to figure things out."

"i know, i know."

yoongi gulped hard, fluttering his eyes a bit.

namjoon's having a rough time too.