𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒐𝒏𝒆: 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈

Elvira's POV

Wandering around...wonderful isnt it? Seeing humans and other beings just living their lives. Coming and going as they went. I mean what more to have in life? Of course i wouldn't experience that though. I'm wanted for the wrong reason. Besides that im just a mere human, nothing special about me.

*BOOM*

The door of a neighbourhood shop swung opened with force. I stood there in the doorway, Mabel's back facing me, she seemed like she was chopping something. I step inside, my boots clicked and clacked on the glossy wooden floors of the store. The door closed ever so silently, juxtaposing the loud entrance that had just happened.

"Elvira? Back so soon?" questioned Mabel.

"Yeah, i told you i was just going out to get some ingredients didnt i?" I replied, holding up 14 dead rabbits in my hand. I placed dumped them onto the counter.

"Elle, Elle...you're so peculiar at times," Mabel laughed, as she shook her head.

"Only now you've noticed?" I giggled.

I took a seat on the opposite side of the counter, the pile of rabbits right beside me.

"Idiot! I've noticed it long time ago. When you first came into this restaurant." Mabel stated, continuing to chop.

"Well then..whats so peculiar about me, hmm?" I hummed.

"The fact that-"

The front door creaked open, as the door bell rang. I turn back to see Zaru walking in with food in his mouth.

"ZARU!!!!!!" I screamed.

"This is something new.." Zaru complained. He approached the counter and hopped onto the stool next to me.

"Yeah yeah, found food for yourself i see? Learning how to be independent now huh?" I teased.

"Vira...as a fox I've already known how to find my own food long time ago. I was just lazy to get out of my bed." Zaru complained.

"Lazy? Ironic how you're a fox but the sin of sloth belongs to a bear. You should be the sin of greed you know..." I said.

"Anyway...did you save some for me?" I asked

"Nope, ate it all." Zaru smirked.

"Theres the greed i was looking for..." I trailed off.

"Hey speaking of the sins...if i were a sin, what sin would i be?" Mabel asked, thinking about it too.

"Does the sin of naiveness count?" Zaru said.

Mabel's jaw dropped to the floor hearing the witty comment that the fox made. She grinned, thiking about the comeback she had just came up with.

"Hmm, fox fur sure is nice..have you felt it El? I was thinking it'd make good money..." Mabel asked.

"Nope, only felt the ones that were old and dried out. Never felt a freshly cut one bef-"

Zaru's eyes widened at the thought of him being skinned. He shivered at the visual.

"Okay! Okay! I take it back." Zaru said, rolling his eyes.

Mabel and I laughed together. These type of moments are so rare now. Especially when im hopping around all the time. You don't get to sit and bond with people and create non-superficial friendships when you're always on the go. Now that i think of it, I've been here for far too long. I should get going.

"Hey Mabel?" I asked

"Mm?" She replied as she started preparing the food.

"I think its about time i leave soon."