Chapter 1: New Arrivals

Aoi's POV

"You... wish for me to show our new students around, Hashira Shinobu?" 

The student council leader, Kanao Tsuyuri stood next to me, showing no expression towards Hashira Shinobu's request. Only Hashira Shinobu nodded her head. In our district, all head principals were deemed a name of a Hashira.

"I'm also having Kanao here also help out. Apparently these 4... were a bit of a hassle for our neighboring school. Remember that little... event that happened a few weeks ago at Giyuu's School for Wavering Students." Hashira Shinobu says with a delicate smirk. "Of course, Giyuu's acceptance rate should be lowered and must have much more requirements."

"Forgive me for speaking out, Hashira Shinobu, but..." my hands threw themselves out to her in a fit of anger. "Isn't taking in those students much more of a hassle? It's 4 students who are delinquents and- we can't have that ruin this school's reputation."

Hashira Shinobu continued to smile. Her hand rose to attempt to silence me. "That is why we're gonna rehabilitate them into obedient students. They shall follow Kanao's example, but I believe you're fit to witness them. I would like you to report to me every once in awhile about their behavior."

"Understood."

She then stood up, continuing to smile towards Kanao and I. "Good. They shall be arriving soon. If I'm not mistaken, you can hear them a mile away."

"May I know who is arriving?"

Hashira Shinobu nods, flipping through manila folders. As she shuffled through them, she carefully placed them on her wooden desk. "Well, we have Tanjiro Kamado and his sister, Nezuko. Due to her medical condition, it's mandatory for her to wear her customizable face mask. We have Zenitsu Agatsuma and Inosuke Hashibira. According to Hashira Giyuu... Inosuke also claims to have a medical condition, he wears a mask to conceal his face. I will allow it to happen."

"Yes, Hashira Shinobu."

She suddenly claps, chuckling softly. "I believe I just gotten word that they're arriving soon. Go ahead, my little butterflies, and fly off to your final destination."

Turning heel, I quickly sped my way out of the room. A turn of my head and I saw Kanao walking off. Some may call it favoritism when they heard that during the the first year of this private high school, Kanao was granted the role as the head of the student council. Some say that she possesses such a skill- and I believe that she can be vicious at any point of time.

"Kanao," I called out to her, "let's go and greet them. Or you can go and prepare their schedules while I'll scout them out." Making her own decision without telling me, Kanao walked off to the main office. With a heavy sigh, I rose my hands to calm myself. "Alright," I began to speak to myself like a little crazy person, "you can get through this, Aoi. Just... breathe... calm down... and always remember you're in control." 

With that mindset, I walked off to the front doors; struggling to bring a smile to my face, I just heard loud screaming there. At least Hashira Shinobu wasn't wrong about knowing where to find them. Pushing aside the inner doors, I was practically shocked about the scene I was presented. 

The only female present there was this girl with a green face mask, and I presume she was Nezuko. She sat quietly on the bench, just staring off into the distance- which was most likely these childish boys. A boy, who seemingly looked identical to the female made me think this was Tanjiro. The other boy had bright blonde hair with orange highlights, and he was one of the guys who was screaming. Lastly, this boy with this... boar mask was screaming at the top of his lungs. As children, they began to run around in the center, shouting words that were complete nonsense.

Losing my patience, I stomped my feel and shouted. "Hey! Control yourselves! Are you guys that immature? How pathetic."

Quickly, they all stopped in place as if time was frozen. Tanjiro was giving me this dumb-founded look- just like the girl. Confirms my little theory about them being related. Soon enough, the blonde boy walked forward and almost looking he was high on something. "A-A c-cute girl..." He reached out towards me with his hands outstretched.

Disgust began to fill my face, and I smacked his hand as hard as I could. This loud snapping sound echoed through the empty room. "Control yourself!" Taking a deep breath, I somewhat wished Kanao was here to help support me. But as her usual introverted self, she didn't want to get involved with people. In other words, I was the fall guy. "As you're attending this private school, there are certain rules you all must follow. Understood?"

"O-Of course." The Tanjiro boy bowed his head gently. "Sorry for our behavior..."

"That's fine- at least you apologized." My hand waved over to him, dismissing him from speaking further. "Anyways, here are the basic rules. Breaking a single rule will result in a detention. We are very strict on our school policies- is that clear?"

There was a small murmur of agreement.

"Say it out loud."

"Perfectly clear." They say synchronized. There was this gut feeling that only one person didn't agree to it. At least this wasn't a contract, otherwise I'll be grinding them against the wall.

I took in another breath, trying to control my temper before it gets too out of control. "There will be Butterfly Girls- and these girls are the ones you cannot touch. They act like our hallway monitors and will help students in any way as possible. I am one of those girls, so you can always come to me if you need help."

They nodded their heads, and once again, that gut feeling kept bothering me.

"Student Council Leader Kanao is busy with your school schedules. For now, follow me for the basic tour guide throughout the school. These are just the basics, so don't just assume that the classrooms I'll be showing you are the actual classes you'll be in. I will show you examples of what a good student at this school is, and how you can exactly fall easily into the delinquents sector. We do have a reputation at this school. Everyone starts off neutrally at 0. Reach a certain level of 100 points, you may be qualified for extra opportunities in this school. Continue into the negatives, consider that you may not stay for that long."

I clapped my hands and beckoned them to follow me. With that, I had 4 little ducklings trailing behind me. Tanjiro and Nezuko seem to be following the rules perfectly clear. Now... the blonde boy... I could feel that he'll be at a constant 0. But that boy -Inosuke- that boy was all sort of trouble. I could just sense it. To a day that seemed to be perfect... it ended up stressful. I'm not looking forward with dealing these troublemakers. Not today- not this year.