Chapter 5: Crawling Forgiveness

Aoi's POV

This morning, I hoped that today would be a better day. Thankfully, it was. No new reports of that Zenitsu was begging or harassing the girls to be his girlfriend. That would always be a positive thing. This happiness that lingered... went away when Sumi came back with a report that made my heart sink. Who would've guessed that this time, Zenitsu would cause yet another problem? I'm sure it was very obvious.

Pursuing after Sumi, I found Zenitsu on the ground with Inosuke on him. Inosuke chuckled triumphantly with his foot on his back. "Hah! Confess that I had finally triumphed over you! I am the strongest! Tell that to me, Xander!"

"T-That's not even close to my name!"

I sighed, speed-walking over to them. "Inosuke, get off of him right now!" I shouted in a very mom-like manner.

He then got off of him, thankfully, but he made his way towards me in such a threatening matter. I backed off a bit, but I managed a scowl on my face towards him. If he was gonna scare me with his looks, he has a surprise on his hands. He stared down at me, I don't care if he was wearing his weird mask.

"What are you gonna do about me, little weakling?"

I stayed there, balling my fists. "You have detention, Inosuke. All-day detention tomorrow."

"Hah!"

That's when I just lost it, and smacked him across the face. It was enough to take down his weird mask. I stood my ground, waiting for his next moves. He just stared at me after I smacked him. That blank expression on his face... it was shocking for me to see. There was no anger in him anymore. He was actually better like this- in a blank state.

"Go back to class, Inosuke, Zenitsu. Again, you have detention tomorrow. Do not be late to it. Understand?"

He gave this weak nod and I walked away with Sumi. "Miss Aoi, wasn't that kind of rude to smack him like that?" She asks as we walked away from the scene.

I smiled softly to her, chuckling a bit. "Sumi, when you're older, you would understand. Some guys are just not right in the head. Those two are perfect examples. Alright? Now, if you think of Tanjiro Kamado, then that's one of the perfect examples of a guy who's right in the head. He at least respects everyone."

Sumi nods her head, "So once I'm older, I'll understand everything properly?"

"Of course. Now, off to class. There are some other things I have to attend to with Kanao."

"Okay- good luck!" Sumi runs off towards her classes, while I watched back at Inosuke and Zenitsu. I scowled softly before moving towards the B.G.'s room. It was my break-time, and I was in desperate need for a nap. 

*   *   * 

Inosuke's POV

My hand kept caressing the cheek where she smacked me. It burned like fire, but it suddenly changed my point of view over that Aoi girl. She wasn't a weakling... she was quiet strong. Strong enough to put me down. Even if I won a fight, she's stronger than anything else. 

"Oi... Inosuke..." Zachary held up my mask with a weird expression on his face. "You're surprisingly silent... did she hit you so hard that it broke your inner spirit?" He gave this weird smile, and I just snatched my mask back from him. I pushed him hard in the chest and I laughed heavily. "She didn't do anything to me, ya bastard!"

I marched back to the idiotic classes, but that little burn on my cheek continued to hurt. It wasn't like it was imprinted on my skin now... more like it was a scar that will always continue to burn. A forever-lasting flame. That's what this all was. My heart began to hurt, tightening hard. I winced when I felt that... but I just tried to focus. Aoi... I'll show you I'm not weak.