Chapter 17: Time Can Peacefully Flutter Past

Aoi's POV

Inosuke and I... were started off with a rocky start. Yes, there were times when I just started to get angry at how Inosuke is. But... that anger just turned into... admiration. I don't know how to explain it other than I just grew tolerant over him. It was... a miracle that we mange to stay together. Especially after we graduated from Shinobu's Private School for All, we parted ways when it related to academics.

I went off to a nursing school while Inosuke... just hung around. It took some convincing until he actually found a job as a hunter. I didn't mind about it at all. As long as he was okay with it... it was fine with me. Really, I don't understand how I've truly fallen this low.

One night... I came home... and there was this vase on the table. A vase full of these Love in Mist flowers. Of course, it doesn't seem to be from a flower shop or anything like that. I bet that he picked them from his time outside. Inosuke was standing on the side, calmly staring at me. Confusion filled my mind when I continued inside.

"Um... Inosuke... what's going on?"

"Just got you some flowers. That's all."

"Oh? Just flowers?" My hands crossed over my chest as I slowly made my way towards him. "Inosuke, just tell me what's going on."

He nodded his head as he took my hand. He holds it close to his chest, and I was just overwhelmed with his warmth. "Aoi... you know I'm good with words relating to these... kind of things. So... I'll say them out-loud. "Aoi..."

My head tilts a bit as I continued to look up at him. "I-Inosuke...?"

"I know I'm not the best kind of person... staying along beside you because... I only view you as one of the strongest people I ever know. Especially for a girl as beautiful and delicate as you. The moment when you stood up against me and put me down in my place, I knew that there would be no other girl than you to keep me in line. Sounds bad, but... I want you to remain the strongest young woman by my side. So... will you be by my side... forever?" 

His speech made me confused, but when I saw that glistening diamond in his fingers... I finally realized. His speech... I should've known it wasn't an ordinary speech. "A... proposal...?" It came out so softly... I was stunned. "I-Inosuke..."

"Please?"

I chuckled softly, nodding my head. "Yeah... I'll be by your side... and that's a promise..." 

Inosuke quickly put on the ring on my finger, leaning closely and planting a kiss on my lips. I gave back his kiss, chuckling softly as he held me tightly to him. From a troublesome boy in Shinobu's Private School for All into this man, I can barely think properly about the whole thing.