Chapter 18: Happily Ever After

Aoi's POV

Another few years passed, and I took his last name as Aoi Hashibira. I couldn't believe it... it was actually happening. I got a new job as a nurse, and Inosuke decided to go to a school that was more specialized for... how do I word it? I think I convinced him to get into this blacksmith thing. I don't know how or why he decided that, but that's what he went with. 

Life... was ever changing. Kanao was starting a life with that one Tanjiro boy. All the girls from that Butterfly Girl Program... like Sumi, Kiyo, and Naho... I think they should've graduated from Shinobu's Private School for All. I haven't kept in touch with them... but I'm sure that they've matured beautifully. 

Thinking of those three... I wondered how my baby would be like. There's no doubt that I want the baby to attend that school. I was enrolled in that school, and I loved it. Even if it meant me meeting Inosuke and dealing with his troubles for about 2 years. 

I still haven't told Inosuke about the baby... after all, I found out just yesterday. I thought it'll be perfect to tell him once he came home... the eve before the school's reunion. Tomorrow, we would be returning back to Shinobu's Private School for All. I couldn't wait to update Hashira Shinobu about Inosuke and the baby.

Just when I was thinking about it... I didn't noticed Inosuke came home. The smell of that Chinese food reached my nose... I nearly wanted to puke. The garlic smell got to me... instinctively, I covered my mouth and quickly excused myself to the bedroom. 

Resting on the bed, I heard Inosuke opening the door and laying next to me. His hand was firm on my arm. "Aoi? You okay?"

I nodded my head, leaning into him. "Inosuke... I have something to tell you..."

"Which is what?"

I turned over into him... nuzzling my head into him. "You're gonna be a father, Inosuke. So that means that you cannot be running off and doing your own thing. You need to be by me, alright?"

Inosuke chuckled, grinning from ear to ear. "Oh? Alright, alright, fine. Are you still gonna be at work for a certain amount of time?"

My shoulders shrugged a bit as I continued to rest in Inosuke's arms. "Not sure how long I'll keep working. Probably until I can't do my job properly. Then I can stay home and have a rest until the baby arrives. For now... let's just rest... and I can't eat dinner. The food is just disgusting."

"Huh? Seriously? Fine. And listen to me, Aoi... don't put yourself too much. Even though I thrive on how strong people are... take it easy. Even if you try to prove others wrong... don't hurt yourself."

I laughed softly, growing hungry for dinner. "Like I would let myself get hurt. Inosuke, you think so little of me sometimes. Sheesh. Don't forget, we gotta wake up tomorrow morning for the school's reunion. And remember- do not destroy the flower beds! I mean it! It's supposed to have blossomed beautifully!"

*   *   *

Roll around the next 10 months... and Inosuke wouldn't stop being afraid of our daughter. Like it's gonna get up and slap him across the face. But either way, Inosuke allowed me to name her. Chou Hashibira was her name. Even as an infant, she had my black hair. Although her eyes... they were being reflected like Inosuke's green eyes. Shining emeralds...

Inosuke gathered up his guts, smiling a bit towards Chou. "Wow... she is beautiful... kinda looks like you. I'm sure that she'll be as strong as you when she gets older. Wait... does that mean... can I beat up those boyfriends of hers when she gets older?" His voice was a bit cheery when he came to that conclusion.

I wanted to get angry at Inosuke about that, but thinking about that more and more... I let a soft chuckle through. "I'll let it go if it's through certain circumstances. For one, you gotta apply it to girls as well. There's always that possibility. Secondly, if the person she's dating is getting to her by the wrong hand, then I might turn a blind eye. But if they are genuinely being kind and treating Chou, I would have to stop you."

Inosuke nodded his head, "Okay, okay." He was silent for awhile before he popped in another suggestion. "Can I at least have her learn something to be stronger? Like martial arts?"

My eyes rolled a bit as I cradled little Chou in my arms. "Only at a certain age, Inosuke. Get it?"

"Of course."

A/N: Shout-out to @LeviAckerman904 for requesting this story and inevitably getting me into Kimetsu no Yaiba. This is a very surprising, successful story of a Kimetsu no Yaiba fanfiction of Aoi and Inosuke. I'll be honest with my readers, I didn't know how to write out an Aoi x Inosuke story. It started off rocky because I truly didn't know how to write a Kimetsu no Yaiba story. Thankfully, I was able to bring up the story well. I'm grateful for all my readers and LeviAckerman904 for this requested story! I am hopeful I can either try to do a Tanjiro x Kanao story or another Aoi x Inosuke story! It's not necessarily cannon that I'll write more of these stories, but I can try. 

Once more, thank you for reading these stories! May the time you reach the end, I hope that you're all well!

Another note, I'm sorry the ending felt a bit rushed. I truly don't know how to end off this story without it feeling repetitive. Though, I feel the ending was properly good. If not, I might try to add an epilogue. I might. But there's a high possibility that I would just leave the story as is. Again, I'm sorry if it feels rushed.

~Luna