Chapter 12: Haunting

Inosuke's POV

With the water running down my head, my hands couldn't stop shaking when I thought of that cruel dance with Aoi. How she grabbed my hands with force, and I couldn't get out of her iron grip. I was traumatized to know that I gave in to her. If my heart was a piece of stone, she was a hammer, striking me down.

I didn't care how much it hurt me... I knew she was right for me. How strong her mindset is, and how strong her hands were. The fact that she can reject someone... it truly shows how she dislikes people who are weak in her blue eyes of hers. How she only sees for the strong and ignores the weak. 

Was I admitting that I am a weak person? I'll work my way up to the point where I'm no longer considered weak in her eyes. The only problem is... how can I be stronger in her mind? What does she consider as strong?

"Gah!" I quickly screamed at the top of my lungs with my fist slamming against the bathroom tiles. 

Panting heavily, I could feel this new feeling arising in me. A new goal, if I may say. I already know that I want Aoi by my side. A woman like her that is stronger than me, I got to have her. So I need to prove that I am stronger as well. Proving myself worthy... how can I do that? I rather not go through such a pain to ask her straight up. I'll be a weakling if I ask her what she liked. Pathetic moves on my part.

I turned off the water and prepared myself to go to sleep. Such an exhausting day... 

*   *   *

Aoi was busy talking with her friends while I walked outside with my food. I didn't want to be around Zenpiku and Tanpiro when I was constantly trying to think of good ways to make myself stronger. I sat on a stone bench, scowling as I ate rapidly.

"Inosuke Hashibira, am I right?"

I nearly choked on my food when I heard that voice. Swallowing whatever food was in my throat. I turned towards the woman who was speaking- who was she? She just had this... innocent look in her eyes. Like a calmer version of Aoi.

She chuckles, looking down at me. Those fearful eyes, anyone would be paralyzed in mere seconds. "Well?"

I nodded my head, "Yeah, I'm Inosuke."

Her hands were folded in front as she faced over to the forest. "I've seen your dance with Aoi last night. I'm surprised to see that she has a liking towards you. That Aoi. I've never seen her acting different towards anyone but you. What makes you as an exception?"

"Don't know. I'm considered weak in her eyes."

She chuckles softly, "She's just has so much armor all over herself. Covering herself from getting weakened. It's not the fact that you're weak in both physically and mentally, but she's hiding herself. She's a shy one, even though she hides herself behind her wall of words. Don't worry about her, okay?"

I shook my head, "I don't believe it."

"Inosuke, I shouldn't meddle in things like this... but she's really does take a liking towards you."

"If she really does view me like that... then what should I do?"

The woman chuckles, turning around and walking back inside. "As the opposite gender of you and as an adult, I would say... Aoi wouldn't just like respect from you, but perhaps... some gifts. Don't destroy my school, Inosuke. If you like, you can try to get yourself a job. If I were you, I would raise my grades before attempting such a feat."

I turned to see her leave, but it was like she was a ghost. I shook my head, not believing what she saying. Get a job? Raise my grades? Give some gifts? What kind of things are these things? But if it's meant to help impress Aoi... perhaps I'll just do that. I wouldn't mind it... not one bit...