Chapter 6: Small Advances

Aoi's POV

"Miss Aoi..." I was in the middle of catching up on homework when Sumi walked up to me with this weird bouquet of flowers. "We found this on the door. Your name seems to be misspelled. But we all know it's for you."

"For me? Flowers?" I took it carefully from her, examining it carefully. It was really just a bundle of flowers, instead of calling it a bouquet. The flowers seemed to have been picked for a long time due to them being wilted too much. The most strangest things was that... these irises were along the school's property. "No one left a note?"

Sumi shook her head. "Sorry, Aoi."

I waved it off, gently putting the irises on my desk before running into the bathroom for a small jar. "It's alright. It's not your fault in the first place. I just wonder who picked them off of the school's property. I would bet $10 that somewhere along the property, there will be misshapen cuts in the flower beds."

"Should we have Kanao email the gardeners about the flowers then?"

"No no, I'll do it. Kanao has a lot to deal with on her hands lately. I'm sure she's a bit stressed right now, so, it's really alright."

Sumi nods her head and gives a little gentle bow. "Have a good day, Aoi."

It was a little curtsy that all Butterfly Girls are taught as a sign of respect. Since I'm a junior at this school, I'm considered a higher power than Sumi -who was a freshman. But all Butterfly girls are trained when they're 5th graders. This school teaches all grades, but are kept in separate buildings. A few are chosen from 5th grade, and they are to remain Hashira Shinobu's closest companions to school security. After all, she only trusts a few students to maintain the school.

"You too, Sumi. Don't get all caught up in all the chaos. Freshman year is one of the hardest times, but it can also be the greatest."

"Oh, speaking of times, Aoi, how's the dance planning going?"

Sighing heavily, I shook my head in embarrassment. "N-Not so well... this is meant to be the annual school spring dance, and I was sudden put in charge of it. Thought of any ideas to help me plan?"

"No, but a good way is probably make a survey to all of the grades. Get their opinions to make it open to all. That way everyone can have fun."

"Not a bad idea, Sumi." I gave a slight smile to her and I chuckled softly. "I'll take that in consideration. Now hurry off- 3rd period's about to start!"

The way she gasps was just so adorable when she realized about class starting so soon. Even though it was a little rude to most when she didn't say goodbye to me, but I truly understood the reason why she had to leave. I had to let it go. I smiled softly when she ran off. One of the most adorable thing.

*   *   *

Inosuke's POV

"You look out of shape..." Zanky says softly to me as I laid passed out on the couch. "And dirty too... where have you been?"

"None of your darn business." I scoffed.

I know I was a little hesitant to give it to her, but the flowers wilted. It wasn't my fault that it took me 3 hours to figure out. Even finding the flowers was hard enough. Who knew that there was a bunch of flowers outside? I sighed even more. Was it bad that I wanted to befriend the terrifying girl that left a mark on me? Probably. Was I insane? Hah, like I'm ever that insane to do such a thing. I'm Inosuke after all. But again with my poor, poor heart...

It's almost like... I can't get my mind off of how strong a weakling like her truly is.