Chapter 14 part 3

Adriana

I break into a run, trying to keep up with Eros, with both of us trying our hardest to avoid getting hit. There are more archers now, from where I have no idea, and although there doesn't seem to be as much as before, it's still difficult for us to remain unhurt. I watch from behind as a couple of arrows skim past Eros's arm, grazing him slightly. He doesn't even seem to notice, his posture seeming undeterred - it doesn't even seem as if he takes much notice of the arrows that whip past, not seeming worried in the slightest that one of them could potentially kill him. He just keeps his hammer gripped in his hand, swinging it calmly and with ease at any of the creatures that block our path. They scream in agony, but despite their obvious pain they never appear too wounded, and though I don't find myself looking back, I can tell that eventually they will get back up, potentially to follow us. Even with my chakrams, I barely stand a chance. I doubt that they would be hindered enough by my own attacks for long, with how little I know about how to fight. And yet with the current circumstance I have to ignore the tight feeling in my stomach, pushing back any thoughts that paint me as weak.

As we run, I also try to ignore Alec's beastly form in my periphery, but this proves just as difficult. At this point Kellen barely has to fight, as Alec's claws tear through the other creatures and tosses them aside, leaving their bodies squirming on the grass, now stained with their tar-like blood. My heart leaps when I hear him let out a high pitched malicious screech, causing some of the creatures to cower. This doesn't stop them for long, as they leap mainly towards Kellen. However, they don't seem to notice him changing.

Kellen's wolf roars, sounding as if in pain. His wolf, which despite the blood-soaked fur had previously been quite cute, was now changing. He is clearly in pain, but continues to fight, most of the creatures being occupied by his companion. His body becomes slightly larger, his skin stretching and leaving leather like patches void of fur spanning parts of his form. His mouth hangs open, his already deadly fangs becoming longer, just like the ones Alec has. His claws become longer, and soon he has transformed so much that he no longer looks like a wolf, rather a nightmarish creature; a wolf hybrid, standing on its hind legs and howling as it attacks.

A sharp pain on my arm brings me back to the present. I had not realised that I has stopped running, too focussed on Kellen's new form. While I has been stood watching, an arrow has grazed past my arm, thankfully not cutting too deep.

I turn my head away, trying to focus solely on Eros, who is now running back towards me. Once he notices that I have seen him, he shouts for me to follow.

A low growl prevents me from doing that however. Eros immediately stops, turning his head in the direction of the sound. Once I am beside him I stop, following his line of sight to find the wolf from before, it's empty white eyes glaring at me. I take a hesitant step back and move behind Eros, who for the first time develops a more tense stance, gripping his hammer as the wolf lets out another growl. That's all it does however - it makes no move towards me, making me question it's motives. Surely it just wants to get rid of us, so why hasn't it done anything?

I can tell Eros could hear my thoughts, though I'm guessing he's thinking the same thing, his brow furrowed slightly as he watches Roma and waits for him to make a move, never taking his eyes off of the wolf.

His face changes instantly, eyes widening. "I won't let you."

I look back towards Roma, seeing that he is now focusing on Eros, teeth bared and mouth twisted into a sort of wolfish smirk. He starts to stalk towards Eros. I take another hesitant step back, bringing my chakram up closer to my chest, watching Eros for his reaction, though he doesn't seem to give one. he stands his ground, his knuckles turning white.