14

"Percy?" Orm walked over to me. "What are you you doing here?" He smiled and pulled me into a hug.

"The others needed a way in. Miss Martian is acting as a lady-in-waiting."

His grip on me tightened before he pulled away. "If they believe there will be trouble, you should not be in attendance."

"Orm, I'll be fine." I fixed my diadem.

"I worry." Orm straightened his suit jacket. "And it does not help that I cannot move well in these surface clothes. Kaldur'ahm?"

"Yes, my prince?"

"Keep her safe and out of trouble. If you truly think there will be danger, I...I do not want to bury another member of my family. Understand?"

"Of course."

A soft sigh left my lips. Of course. I mean, I can understand where Orm is coming from, but he knows I can protect myself. Though I guess the Chesire incident probably isn't helping my case.

We mingled with the other members of nobility. Kaldur stayed close to me, as did Megan. The others dissapeared into the crowd.

"It isn't often that we have guards in attendance." A heavily accented voice said.

"Your Majesty." Orm dipped into a bow and I followed with a curtsey. "Forgive us if we seem not to trust in your own guard, but with recent events, we thought it best not take chances."

"May I ask what those events were?"

"I do not believe my niece would appreciate it."

"Then how about I hear that from her own mouth?" The queen looked towards me.

"For once, my uncle's right. I'd rather not have anyone talk about it."

"You make it sound as if I am incapable in my duties." Orm chuckled. "Nevertheless, my king requests that I speak to a few others. Keep her safe." He directed the last few words to Kaldur.

"Your Highness, may-" Megan started before I interrupted her.

"Go mingle. I know you have a thing for one of the guards." I smiled. Then I looked back at the queen. "You have no idea how long it took to get her to drop the Royal part."

"I can imagine," she said, a small smile on her face. "Even the few friends I have had since childhood refuse to call me only by my name. Makes me wonder if they are truly my friends."

I chuckled. "You're still in the middle of your childhood. Your friends might just be doing that because it annoys you. That's why some of mine did it."

We talked about nothing in particular, seeing as she had already made her rounds talking to other people. Kaldur stayed close by and stood as silent as the statues in the alcoves. I had no idea where the others were, they-

An explosion rocked the room. The large doors flew open. I didn't stop to see who it was, I focused on getting to the queen. Which was made harder by Kaldur trying to grab me, but it's not the first time I've done something stupid with someone trying to catch me.

I found her surrounded by the Team and Orm. He locked eyes with Kaldur. "Keep her safe." And then he rushed towards the doors.

"What is the quickest route away from here?" Kaldur asked the queen.

"That way." She nodded towards a door. We headed towards it, with the two of us in the middle. Her eyebrows drew together in confusion. "Why are the guards doing nothing?"

None of us wanted to answer the question so she didn't get an answer. Nevertheless, she kept giving us directions until we ended up in a courtyard. Wally rushed from door to door, only for all of them to be locked.

"Robin, can you see if you can-"

My eyes widened, and I whipped around, grabbing the crossbow bolt before it could embed itself in me.

"Great." Artemis mumbled. "Why'd it have to be him?"

"Don't look so sad." Chesire emerged from behind the guy. "After all, it's not often I get a do over. And this time, we won't fail." Darts flew from nowhere and struck Wally and Robin. Nothing happened for a few seconds but they started wobbling and soon collapsed.

I glanced at the inactive fountain, then at the queen. "How much do you like this courtyard?"

"Why?"

"Just answer the question."

"I'm not particularly fond of it. I don't come here often."

The guy laughed. "What are you going to do? Atlanteans can't control water unless they can see it."

"He's right." Kaldur mumbled. "I cannot access any water here. My only weapon is the sword."

A wide smile spread across my face. I lifted my hand up. Stones buckled upwards and water shot through the cracks.

Chesire rushed towards me. I smoothly dodged her attack, sending water to slam her up into the guy crawling on the wall. Well, smoothly implies that I didn't slip and fall on my dress.

"This is why I never wear heels." I grumbled.

"Your Highness!" Kaldur yelled. Water crashed into the guy as he attempted to hit me with a flail.

"Focus on protecting the- Actually..." I made circling motions with my hands, drawing the water up into a protective dome.

"How are you doing this?" Connor asked, not moving from his spot by Robin.

"I told you, I'm not helpless. I have a lot of training and practice both with combat and my powers. I can't hold this forever, but I should be able to hold it until help gets here. Orm probably called Orin the moment the explosion happened."

"This is beyond what the queen is capable of." Kaldur commented.

"Well, Mera tends to use constructs. Anything that forces water to do something it wouldn't want to do is harder than this. I can make hard-water constructs but I prefer this."

"Why?"

"I'd have to make a pretty big construct to protect us this well and that would use a lot more energy. Now can we stop talking so I can focus?"

Okay.

Schedule for today

Make a pie

Study

Eat pie

Draw/Write

Eat more pie

Let's see if this gets done

See yah