Chapter 1

A plain, old, dusty, grey brick was the very first thing any creature could notice when passing by the building. It was clear that the architect didn't care about the design, as much as he cared about the money which was probably the main thing that drove his 'creativity'. As a result, the architect decided to throw in the cheapest building blocks available on the market that looked absolutely disgusting, which combine with the rusty brown roof gave the whole building a really depressing appearance (as if the fact that the building belong to a high school wasn't depressing enough). One could think that the first charm would be broken as soon as you'll enter inside but Thihils - the school's principal – wasn't somebody who would spend more funds than necessary in order to set up the entire facility. After all he was a rat and that's exactly the kind of behaviour you would expect from him. He took everything he could put his hands on.

Doltier shivered as he unintentionally let inside his head the picture of their principle. His tailed puffed up as he pictured long, hairless tail coming out of his small body, almost comparable to the size of a first grader. His dark and gloomy face never showed a single smile and eyes that were hidden behind a pair of grey glasses never stopped to enjoy the beauty of the world. His oversized nose was even scarier, always moving from side to side trying to sense possible dangers lurking all around him. From what Doltier know the principle rarely went out to enjoy the nature and would stay up late in his office filling out the documents and other paperwork that piled up. Although when you're a filthy rat, you hardly get a time to enjoy anything, especially if you're too busy trying to "make a living", as Thihils would always say if somebody interrupted him in his work.

His clothes matched his personality exceptionally well. Brown trousers and dark-green jacket was all he would wear day-to-day. He always kept saying how important it is for everyone to wear appropriate clothing to school and always present themselves in the best possible way. His words were always reflected by his own clothing. He always made sure that his tie was always sitting straight and that there was no hair or fur on his jacket and no stain on his jeans.

Doltier on the other hand, never really cared about what clothes he wears as long as they looked acceptable and therefore, a typical blue jean and a shirt (sometimes accompanied by an orange hoodie, on a colder days) was all he needed. He didn't really care whenever it went well with his white-blue torso, but at least he wasn't as melancholic as their principal. Sure, he wasn't much of a talker so at least he tried to make it up with a small and shy smile he tried to carry around wherever he went. His face was mostly white (just as the rest of his body) with few large spots of blue fur. He wasn't the fluffiest dog around and his appearance was rather generic, he wasn't much different from other dogs around, except one small detail. He had a really cute floppy ear, which unlike his right ear was completely blue. He remembered when he was young, he would always complain about it as it constantly kept falling down every time, he tried to put it up. This really obstructed his view, however after some time, he got used to it and accepted it as a normal part of his overall appearance.

He shivered as the sudden gust of wind passed him. It was an early autumn morning, the very first day of school after the 'long' summer break and even though the day was pretty sunny, the sun itself didn't really put too much effort into its job, and so it was still quite cold if you were to go outside the comforts of your home. He thought that because, so much time has passed since the last time he saw the school building he would be at least a bit more motivated to go in, but the truth was quite different. Two months wasn't long enough for him to relax, kick back and forget about the school, especially after he started to see 'Back to school' ads everywhere which for some reason started to appear just two weeks after the school ended. To him it didn't even feel like coming back from vacations, but more like coming back from a Christmas or Easter break to a place that hasn't changed at all. He has spent in the high school last 6 years and had only one year to go until he'll be off to University, which wasn't something he was too excited about. He liked the things exactly the way they were right now and wasn't looking for any change.