Chapter 2

Surprisingly everyone arrived to the part of the school were the sports hall was located. Just like the rest of the school it was arranged as cheaply as possible and that mean no special equipment that you would normally find in the gym like power racks, benches or even simple weights. What school did have though was a bunch of footballs, which in general is everything a school PE department ever needs. For all the years Doltier has been in school he never remembers doing anything different than playing football with perhaps a few exceptions where they would do a few aerobic and fitness exercise, but that would usually happen maybe twice a year.

Doltier took a look around. Seeing his entire class waiting for the teacher to open changing rooms was a really unusual view. He though than since they're in their last year of school and normally wouldn't even do PE, this fact would be enough to make half of the pupils decide to skip it and yet here they were. Perhaps they missed the good old days of playing soccer or maybe the school really haven't changed as much as he thought it would. It was just when he started to bring back his other memories of the 'good old days' when the teacher arrived.

Mr Sersaak was as you might have expected it – a tiger. However, he was neither short-fused or bad-tempered, but rather uninterested and apathetic, that is as long as you did what he asked you to. You could guess by the way he talked and acted that he simply couldn't care less about his subject. Nevertheless, there were multiple cases where he would explode when some of the students failed to follow his orders and therefore everyone tend to do what he told them to. His face looked really tired today when he walked up to them. He stood like that for a couple of seconds during which you could see his body which was pretty impressive and well build. It looked like the lack of gym equipment in school didn't stop him in improving his shape and Doltier could bet that he was one of the most known gym members in town. His arms were massive and together with his huge torso crated an impressive and respective figure. His face always used to show the same expression of tiredness and lack of interest, but today everyone could tell that something was different. He was in a much worser state. This was confirmed as soon as he spoke:

"As you are probably aware the school had to put in place new policy," he started without giving them any notice "and thus you will be having PE twice a week till the end of the year," he paused for a short while took and took a deep breath before continuing. "This is a very thoughtful and wise decision, unfortunately what the school didn't thought about when making it was the ergonomics. Not that the creatures making it were any smarter than you," he added lowering his voice so that only pupils closest to the teacher could hear it "and as a result you will have a joined PE with another class who in this case is," he took a look at a notebook that he was holding in his paw, he skipped a few pages trying to find the correct information but eventually gave up and said "some class from year 9. Not that you would care about that," he added.

As soon as he finished talking there was a sudden movement in the crowds and everyone started to talk to each other. Nobody was now paying attention to the teacher and everyone were eagerly exchanging their views and comments. Normally the teacher would probably yell at them, but it was clear that today he wasn't in the mood. He waited a few seconds for the voices to lower before continuing:

"Because our space is very limited, we are unable to play football or anything similar, which is very disappointing" the expression on his face showed that in reality he probably didn't even care about this. "However, even if we would want to, we couldn't do it because the school wants you to put football and other, as they have said 'premature' activities aside and do some real exercises in order to stay in perfect shape and health." He paused for a moment and look around at everyone to make sure everyone got the message "From what I know it's some kind of new government rule they try to enforce in every school and of course since I'm your PE teacher I will be taking care of you and all the other classes."