Chapter 5

"It's worse, far worse" Doltier gasped out, shaking hands with Arvi "I'm running away from Mrs Odnei."

"What?!" the feline looked at him with combination of amazement and disbelief "You've run way from detention?"

The dog couldn't answer him. He wasn't much of sports creature himself and running wasn't particularly his strength. He fell on his knees and started to breath heavily, trying to let as much air into his lungs as possible. In the meantime, the feline moved closer to him trying to encourage him to start talking. However, the more time passed the more irritated he become he started to walk around, but finally gave up and shouted:

"Oh, for the love of...Can you just tell me what happened?"

"Come down" Doltier looked up at Arvi just to see his angry expression and still breathing heavily answered "I didn't run away from anything, the detention is over she sent everyone home" and before his friend could say anything he added "I just decided to ask her to give me my phone back, but I guess she wasn't quite ready for that yet," he stopped to see if his answer was satisfying enough for the feline, but his response made him realise that probably nothing ever will be.

"To be honest I was expecting something better," his voice showed a strong sense of disappointment "Did she even chased you?" he asked.

Doltier slowly got up from the ground with his paws trying to get rid of the dust that stuck to his clothes and fur. He had his eyes constantly fixed at Arvi, praying that the brown feline would say something that would save him from the trouble of explaining himself to him. Unfortunately, the cat went completely silent awaiting his response. He sighed.

"I don't know, but I didn't want to wait around to find out. In fact, I suggest we better head on, in case she might decide to go after me," he then started to walk in the direction of the main gate, hoping Arvi will follow him.

Luckily for Doltier, the feline waited for him for too long to let him walk away on his own. He quickly rushed on trying to catch up to him. Unfortunately, the pain in his leg was still very feelable and as a result he was only able to make very small steps. His friend must have forgotten about this, though, because he was walking confidently at a much faster pace than his smaller companion.

Afraid, he might lose him Arvi decided to pick up the pace, which as he soon found out was a fatal mistake. He felt a very familiar pain going through his body that started out in his paw and travelled all the way up his leg. He wanted to scream as loudly as possible, but he manged to hold that need and only gave out a quiet cry that somehow was still loud enough for Doltier to hear. He saw canine turning around and quickly running over to him.

"I heard you screaming, did something happened?" he asked with affection.

"Yes" Arvi looked over at him with growing annoyance "I'm being walked home by a dog that I barely know, who's nearly 5 years older than me. Is that enough for you?"