Chapter 7

"You were where?!" his mother was raging in anger giving his son a truly terrifying look.

Doltier had used almost his entire strength and was barely able to look her in the eyes. He wasn't sure whenever she wanted to hear his story again, but seeing her starting to open her mouth again he decided to go for it.

"Well I had to walk home a friend who has strained his leg," he could hear his heart beating incredibly fast and feel the sweat on his forehead. "He lives quite far, so when we got there, we were so exhausted that we decided to..."

He couldn't finish the sentence, as he noticed his mother preparing to lunch another rage attack.

"If you were so exhausted, then why didn't you come home?! You should have at least called us!" she looked over at her son. Her face was still red and chest quickly moved up and down indicating she was breathing heavily.

"The teacher confiscated my phone at school," he explained slowly. He was hoping that would at least somehow calm her down. Unfortunately, it only gave her a new thing to be mad about. "I shouldn't have said that" – he thought when he heard his mother next question.

"And why did they take your phone?! What did you do?! You never behaved in this way before, what happened?" she kept constantly bombarding him with new series of questions that he didn't even tried to answer anymore. He knew that she had to let all of her anger out before she'll begun phase 2 – the talk – Do you known that right now, your father is driving around the city trying to find you, hoping and praying that nothing bad has happened?

"So, you did tell him I'm back home?" he asked slowly. He didn't remember his mother making a phone call or even sending a text when he returned.

He looked over at his mum, who suddenly stopped talking over him and quickly dialled up dad's number. She walked over to the kitchen (Doltier didn't known whenever she wanted to keep her conversation private or did, she do it out of anger) and quickly starting to re-tell the entire story to his dad, who didn't even get a chance to say anything. He noticed that she also manged to throw in some really interesting words that Doltier would never even consider to use.

When she put her phone down, she seemed to be a bit calmer than before, which meant she must have already let out most of her anger. When she opened her mouth again, her voice was softer than before, unfortunately Doltier also noticed sadness and misery in it as she spoke.

"Doltier, I know that we never had problems with you and you were always good at school in both the learning and the behaviour" the canine's eyes got wider as he knew exactly where this was heading "and that's the reason why we reacted in this way. Your father instantly went to look out for you and I stayed home in case you would come back. We did that because we knew you never disappeared without any notice before," she looked over at Doltier with emptiness in her eyes and took a big breath before continuing, "but we figured out that the reason why you haven't done anything like this before is because you never had an occasion to do so. Today you decided to go out with your friend, no don't interrupt me," she coldly ordered Doltier seeing him about to say something "and didn't gave us any information," she went on. "Perhaps this is our fault and we didn't do enough as your parents to teach you good manners and discipline. But whatever it is, both me and your father decided that," she paused for a few seconds trying to find enough courage to finish her sentence. Doltier in the meantime, was sweating and moving nervously on the couch, quickly trying to think about what punishment his parents could come up with.