Chapter 20

"Morning

"Morning." I hear the husky voice behind me, an arm pulling my back to his chest, nuzzling his nose into the nape of my neck. "Coffee?"

I nod, biting down on my lip, trying to ignore the twisting feeling in my stomach, the flutter of my heartbeat against my chest.

I slept with Thomas.

Because you are an asshole. Inner Z is pissed.

Thomas pulled himself away from me, standing naked, smiling down at me while he pulls his top over his head. "Are you okay?"

He can see my regret, it's written all over my face. Not the regret that we slept together, but the regret that I didn't wait.

Now that I know Theo isn't who he claims to be, I can work on things with Thomas. Sleeping with him so soon just complicates it, gives him false hope that we're now a thing.

"Yeah, I'm just tired," I reply, pulling myself up and looking around the tent for my clothes, huffing when he leaves me alone.

We didn't have sex that once, it happened again.

We woke up through the night, Thomas was holding me from behind and I could feel him pushing in between my legs again. I was certain he was sleeping until he flipped me over on my back, pushing himself inside me.

We weren't quiet that time either.

I know I'm littered with red marks from his mouth attacking me, claiming me as finally being his.

Was I his?

Was I not Theo's anymore?

I found my clothes on the floor, wrinkled under a blanket. Pushing my legs into my shorts so I can go shower.

"Cup of coffee." A very cheerful Thomas walks in as I'm battling with my shirt to go over my head.

"Umm... let me help you with that." He started to laugh. I'm very aware that my tits are in his face while he tries to yank my top down.

Once I sit down and sip on my coffee, I decided now was the time.

"I need to show you something, something Adrianna was working on before, before... well, you know." I sit my mug down and take a deep breath.

"We are kind of stuck here. Not right here specifically but in this area, there's a wall..." I try to find the words that don't have me sounding bat-shit crazy. "I need to show you. I don't understand it."

After I showered and put on fresh clothes, I brought Thomas to the metal building that contained all this confusing shit, hoping he can work it all out. He is smart, always top of the class and seen as the dorky hot nerd.

"Wow, they actually drew a map of this place. What is that, like a fifty-mile radius?"

He buries his head through all the paperwork on the desk, which is a lot of folders, piles of written work, and maps. I stand in silence, looking around at my sister's work.