Chapter 23

Theo and I have been running now for days, every time we stop they find us

Every time we manage to find somewhere safe and get cleaned up, we see them coming, like a plague that won't fuck off.

I'm not talking about a handful, it's more like an army of cunts in masks firing at us from every angle.

Theo had been shot in the arm but it was more of a scratch along the arm but he made a fuss of it as usual.

I guess it's a bullet hole to go with the one in his shoulder, from his attempt to save my brother.

Which was probably just another act.

Each time they would fail to catch us, almost as if that was their plan to let us go and enjoyed the chase.

Theo and I ran for our lives, even though he kept saying we should stop and fight back, stating that he could take them down.

Full of shit idiot.

Thanks to being vertically challenged, I could duck behind things that Theo couldn't.

I planned on marching straight to that hangar, blowing the freaking door open and taking what is mine, Thomas.

But it wasn't that easy.

Theo told me about the programme they had set up, the torturous acts and mental debilitation he had to endure, all so he would be able to kill me.

Thomas is now subject to it and there's nothing I can do to save him.

Theo and I had made it back to camp to retrieve this notebook he wouldn't shut up about, constantly chirping in my ear that if we didn't find it he would kick my ass and slapped it playfully.

I wouldn't let my wall break down for him, not even close. I still hate everything that he has done to me and the ones I cared about, but finding out how much he didn't actually know had made me feel less hate toward him.

Knowing what I know now about him also made me feel uneasy around him. The torture he had gone through would be enough to make any person snap.

He tried to be funny to break the number of awkward silences we have and a few flirty comments, but I stood my ground no matter how much I wanted to give in.

Holding a poker face is harder than it looks.

There was one moment, just that one time I lost my head and crawled up next to him, lay my head on his chest while he played with my hair and rubbed my back, sending me to sleep.

Old Theo would have taken that opportunity to rip my pants down, flip me on my back and pummeled me into the ground. It was almost as if he was nervous.

A part of me missed that horny, dirty-minded side of him. Especially when we woke up in the morning and he's got that morning wood going on, jamming into my back, he apologised and pulled away.