Chapter 13- Memory #1

I wasn't visibly angry, but I still felt it. Shoyo knew that. He always did. And just like he always knew, he always knew what helped. Under the table, he reached out and grabbed my hand. His warmth had always calmed me down. Always...

Now presenting a memory chapter! These memories go back to (Y/N)'s childhood. Most of them will be about Shoyo, maybe some other people. There will also be memories that might explain things about (Y/N).

Be sure to read them!

Because there may be parts in the story that refer to the memories!

Back when I was a little girl, I would easily get angry. Not just that, but it was always extreme, sometimes even over small things. I don't know why, but it was just that way. It's the opposite now though, now I actually get angry very rarely, and it's actually hard to get me angry.

I remember at the age of ten, the first time I got the problem with my anger. After that moment, I became angry at most things and sometimes would lash out because I could never control my anger. I still get like that at times when I'm angry, but like I said, I rarely get angry now which is the bright side.

I never knew how to calm myself down, whether its before it happens to prevent it or afterwards to make it go away. But soon I found it, its what you could call my medicine.

...It was Shoyo, he was my medicine...

I remember the one time my anger got so bad that I ended up accidently hurting someone. Because of our short height, we were made fun of because of it. As expected, I would get angry every time because of it. There was one kid in our class who always thought it was funny seeing me get riled up. 

One day I had enough and I pushed him away when he got close to me. I... I didn't me to push him into the wall... It was an accident! I didn't mean to... I just wanted him to back away... Shoyo gets scared whenever I had my lash outs, today was no exception, but this time he was really scared of me this time.

I looked at the people standing around me, staring at me. 'stop looking at me... Please stop!' I yelled in my head. I ended up running away to a nearby park. No one was there and I was glad for that, I didn't want anyone to see me, but I still expected Shoyo to come after me. 

He didn't... He didn't follow...

Wondering where he was, I decided to look for him at our neighborhood. I left the park and went over to where we lived, and sure enough there he was, about to head inside his house. I called out to him. "Shoyo!"

He turned around, looking startled to hear my voice. He turned to me, smiling nervously before making a dash to his front door. He didn't even say anything.

So that was it... He is scared of me. Does he no longer want to be friends? He gets scared easily, but to have me be the one he's scared of made the anger go away, but not in a good way. Because now I feel so sad that I wanted to cry. My one and only friend was scared of me... "Shoyo..." I weakly called, sadness evident in my voice. I couldn't hold it, I ended up crying loudly.

He was once again startled, but this time by the sound of my loud crying. He quickly turned to look at me. He was just staring at me, shocked. He'd never seen me cry before, and he didn't know what to say or do. "(Y/N)?"

I didn't say anything but instead ran away again, and back towards the park in hopes to calm down there. I was panting when I got there, and I was still a crying mess. This isn't what I wanted!

Shoyo was my only friend...We've been together ever since we were born... If we were to stop being friends I... I... I don't want that!

I can't calm down, I couldn't with the thought of no longer being friends with him runs through my head. I've never been able to calm down, I don't know how and nothing seemed to work. Even after the anger goes away, I sometimes feel anxious afterwards. I don't know what to do anymore...

I then heard footsteps. They sounded fast, like someone was running. I turned towards the direction where I heard them coming from. It was Shoyo running my way and he was... Crying?

"(Y/N)!" He yelled my name while running my way. I was then practically tackled to the ground. Ouch... I looked at him in surprised. "P-please! D-don't cry!" 

I couldn't help but continue crying at his words and I hugged him close, still on the ground. "I'm sorry!" We both yelled out.

We both made each other upset. I really scared Shoyo because of my actions, and Shoyo made me cry because of his avoidance.

To my surprise, I quickly calmed down, feeling the warmth of the hug by Shoyo. 'Oh... That's it...' I snuggled into his hug and I began to feel at ease.

My medicine to calm down, was his warmth...

We sat in the dining area in silence, while everyone else chatted around us. We were still holding hands under the table. I tightened the hold on his hand. He didn't say anything and just continued eating, but he tightened his hold as well. I smiled to myslef. Shoyo is a friend I could never replace or want to lose.