End 6: Kuroo: One Day Friendship turned into Romance

I was excited. A few days have passed and I was currently at the park, sitting on one of its benches. Why was I at the park you might be wondering? Certainly not for another love confession with Wakatoshi. That was three endings ago. I am here to see Kuroo.

A couple days ago, I received a text from Kuroo saying how he had family here in Miyagi. Just like the very first time we met here in this park, he said he was visiting family. He's here to see them again like back then, so he's actually arrived in Miyagi a while ago.

We agreed to meet up at the place we first met after he spends time with his family. The sky was tinged orange from the setting sun. I didn't get much sleep last night from the excitement of seeing him again, and to spend some time with him, just the two of us.

I yawned as I pulled out my phone to check the time. 'He's late.' I sigh. My eyes were beginning to feel droopy. 'So... sleepy...' And so I fell asleep.

"Hey!" I heard a kid's voice shout. The voice sounded familiar. I opened my eyes to see that it was daytime, and what surrounded me was the park in a newer state. But that's not what first got my attention. What I did see was... Kuroo? He looked just as he did back then. Ah, so this is a dream.

He came closer and called out again. "Hey! What are you doing?" He asks.

"I was sleeping." I answered.

"That's no good. I girl like you shouldn't be sleeping here at this time of night."

I tilted my head in confusion. "Night? But it's day."

He didn't respond to what I just said and instead continued. "Hey, wake up." This time he sounded like his older self. That's when I felt myself being shaken awake.

"About time you've woken up." I woke up to see an older Kuroo this time. "What are you doing?"

I rubbed my eyes and gave a small smile. "That's funny, I think that's the first thing you've told me when we first met."

"(Y/N) I'm serious." His eyes were furrowed and he looked as though he was worried. It surprised me to be honest. I never thought that he would ever react like this.

"Kuroo... Were you worried?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

He sighs and runs a hand through his hair. "Of course I was worried. You were sleeping at a public place, outside in the middle of the night. What if some creep came along and tried doing something to you?"

I was stunned and quiet for a bit at his words. His words... Having him worry about me this much makes me feel warm inside. "Kuroo... I'm sorry."

He ruffles my hair before responding. "Don't worry about it kitten. I was partly to blame for not arriving on time." He paused and looked into my eyes. "You know you could've just sent me a message and left. We could've met up tomorrow."

I looked away, a little embarrassed. "I didn't want to..." I felt my cheeks started to feel a little warm. "I really wanted to see you."

He looked at me with wide eyes for a second but then a smirk formed, which made me almost regret my words. "Oh~ My kitten has missed me? I feel loved."

My face continued to get hotter and hotter. "Y-you can be so annoying sometimes... Ever since we met, you were a-always... so annoying..." While I was speaking, he had just been staring at my face with a straight look. "Dang it! Stop staring at me!"

To my surprise, he looked down at me with a warm smile. Why... is he smiling at me like that? He never smiles like that! "Heh, you were being so cute I couldn't help it."

"Ugh..." Was all I could really say. I looked down at my feet.

He observes me for a little while longer before I felt a pair of large warm hands on my cheeks. I looked up to see his face getting closer to me. "Kitten..." I closed my eyes and I felt something warm and soft on my lips. When we parted, his hands were still on my cheeks. "Kitten, will you be my girlfriend?" I didn't say anything back, and instead I pulled him in for another kiss. They did say that actions speak louder than words. He laughed. "I guess that's a yes from you."

All those years ago, I met him at this park when we were kids. He made it clear that he was only there for that one day only, and I assumed that would have been the only time I could spend time with him. The reason we played together was because there was no one else to play with. Just a one day friendship, that's what it was. But yet, I was quick to get attached, and I missed him after he left. Never would I have thought that we would meet again. When Shoyo and I were talking to Kenma and Kuroo came to find him. We only met once and it was a long time ago, but we remembered each other quick. Here we are now, together like this. Could it have been fate that allowed us to see each other again? Who knows.

UP NEXT...

Kiyoko