Chapter 16- Nekoma Practice Match

The day has finally come for the match against Nekoma! We finally arrived at the gym where we will be having the practice match. I was making my way into the gym with Kiyoko, and I happened to see both our players and Nekoma's grouped together. One of the players, a guy with a mohawk, was looking our way with a weird look. 

Kiyoko also noticed him and sent a nod his way. I gave him a smile as a form of greeting. What I wasn't expecting however, was for him to start acting weird. There were two players on his team behind him who also seemed to have noticed the two of us and for some reason cheered. 

"Score!"

"There are two lady managers!"

"We win two yakisoba breads!" They both cheered before heading inside.

Then the guy who was looking at us weirdly started crying dramatically. "I'll make you regret this!"

I was so confused. I looked over to Kiyoko with a questioning look on my face. "Kiyoko, what do you think was going on?" I innocently asked.

She sighed and rubbed the top of my head. "Don't worry about it too much. Come on, let's head inside."

I smiled big. "Okay!" I followed right after her.

Once we were inside, I took a look around and my eyes happened to land on Daichi and Kuroo, who were giving their greetings. I jogged over to where they were. "Kuroo!"

He turned my way and sent me a smirk. "Well if it isn't (Y/N), I never thought I'd see you again."

"I didn't think so either, it's nice to see you again!" I said cheerfully. "I'm looking forward to the match."

We shook hands. "Same here."

I wasn't aware of the eyes from both teams on us. All of them had similar thoughts running through their heads. 'They know each other?!'

"You haven't changed much." Kuroo said, looking me up and down.

I tilted my head at him. "Hm? But we haven't seen each other since we were kids. How would you remember what I looked like exactly?"

He then put a hand over his head and brought it above mine, going back and forth between the two, as if comparing our heights. "You're as short as I remembered, I don't think you've grown." He joked.

...

...

...

"OOF!" A hit to the stomach was what made him wipe that smirk off his face. Did he regret saying those words? Maybe only half regret it.

'She hit him!' Everyone shouted in their heads.

A dark look was on my face. "Oh. Looks like I missed, I was trying to aim... somewhere else..."

Despite being in pain, he laughed it off. "Lucky for me on my part, I want to have kids in the future."

My face went back to normal and I gave a nod of my head. "Yes, lucky you."

'She was trying to aim THERE?!' They once again screamed in their heads.

"Alright now." Daichi said, putting both hands on my shoulders. He started pushing me away from the bed head captain and towards our team. "Come along (Y/N), you go and help Kiyoko."

"Okay!" I cheered happily and skipped over to Kiyoko. When I got to her, she smiled at me and patted me on the head.

Tanaka and Nishinoya were freaking out at the scene before them. "What a beautiful display!" Nishinoya cried out.