Chapter 13

After the girls had left the bathroom, I decided to head back to my room to rest for the night. I felt exhausted after everything that had just happened and the only thing I wanted was to curl up under my covers and sleep.

When I got to my room I turned the knob on the door but found it to be locked. I then remembered that Rai still shared a room with me.

Releasing a sigh, I raised my hand and knocked on the door.

"Rai?" I called out.

When I didn't get a response I tried again.

"Rai, please let me in. This is my room after all." I reminded him.

After I still didn't get a response, I was about to just walk away when I heard the sound of footsteps and a loud CLICK!.

Taking a deep breath, I reached a shaking hand to the door and turned the knob again. This time, the door swung open and I could see Rai standing next to the bed with a pile of...something next to him.

"Rai?" I asked as I walked into the room. "What are you doing?"

"What's it look like?" He sniffled. "I'm packing."

"What?" I asked, walking over to the bed.

Sure enough, as I got closer, I saw that the pile next to him was a stack of clothes, mostly dresses and nightgowns.

"I don't understand..." I questioned, looking from the clothes to him. "Why are you doing this?"

"Well," he said. "I mean, I might as well since come tomorrow I'll be told by the principal to head back to Latvia on the account that I'm actually a boy and that I lied to get into this school..."

He released a heavy and saddened sigh before adding, "And you don't even love me anyways so I don't really have a reason to stay here..."

"What?" I asked, staring at him in disbelief. "Rai, how could you say that? I love you with all my heart. I have since that first night we spent together."

"That's not what you told Francine when she questioned if you were gay..." He reminded me.

"Well, yeah..." I admitted, ashamed of my actions. "But I only said those things to get her to shut up. Truth be told...I actually really like you..."

"What...?" He sighed quietly, turning his head to look at me.

"I..." I took a deep breath before saying something I never thought I would to another man. "I said I love you, Rai... And I don't care wether you're a boy or a girl. You're you. That's all I want."

"You really want me...?" He asked as he looked up at me with those same big eyes I had gotten so used to seeing.

"With all my heart." I nodded.

I then saw tears welling up in his eyes and, next thing I knew, he was clinging onto my shirt and sobbing heavily into my chest. I didn't know what to do at first, but ultimately I decided to wrap on arm around his tiny waist and ran my free hand over his hair as gently as I could.

We stayed like that for I don't know how long before we broke apart and I held him at arms length.

"I love you, Raivis." I said honestly.

He looked up at me, a little shocked at the fact that I used his real name. But then his face softened and he laid his head on my chest.

"I love you too, Eduard." He said contently.

"I glad that you still do, at least..." I said, a little upset with myself for how I treated the others.

"Well, I'm sure the others do too." He told me. "All you have to do is just apologize. I'm sure they knew you were just upset and didn't mean it."

"I did mean it...sort of." I admitted. "But, I want them to leave by their own choice. Not because I told them to. And, I think I'm going to tell them the actual reason why I let them stay here."

"That may be for the best." He agreed. "Want me to round them all up?"

"If you could, that'd be great." I smiled. "Just, tell them to meet me in the living room. Ok?"

"Mhm." He nodded in agreement and then gave me a little peck on the cheek before walking out of the room to get the girls.