1. "Slut is not a style, mom"

The red on the walls got brighter as I walked through the hallway with the biggest smile on my face.

Senior year. Finally!

All Summer I was planning this whole year and I am excpecting it to be spectacular. First of all because I'm going to be spending senior year in a whole new continent. 

At first the idea seemed bad. I mean love Perth with my entire heart. And when my dad asked me to spend the year with him in London all I did was shake my head for an entire minute.

My mom thought the idea was good, though (propbably because she wanted me off her back for a few months) so she just shipped me off to England. My dad didn't live at the centre of London, but just a little bit outside. The weather in Summer was hot and thank God there was a beach in walking distance.

And now it was the first day in my new school. The school was huge. And private so that meant we all had to wear uniforms. So everyday when I went to school I had to wear a white shirt with a red tie and a red skirt that fell under my knee. 

The under the knee thing, for some reason really bothered me. So I decided to cut the skirt a little bit above my knee, almost mid thigh. 

I didn't think it would be a big deal, it's just a skirt. But from the moment I stepped foot into the school all eyes are suddenly on me. Mostly at my legs.

"What, you've never seen legs before?" I snapped at a couple of guys who looked at me with smirks on their faces.

"Not that kind" one of them rasped biting his lip. He had brown curly hair, brown eyes and a hard jawline.

"Leave the poor girl alone, Asher" a girl next to him said rolling her eyes. She had dirty blond hair and piercing green eyes. She lifted herself off the wall and came to me with a smile of her face.

"I actually love what you've done with your skirt" she said. "I'm Mercy" then she gave me her hand.

"Thank you. These clothes were suffocating me. I'm Josephine" We held hands in a greeting. "Jo, actually" I corrected my name.

"Are you transgender? That's a guy's name" A guy from the group said. He had blond hair, blue eyes and a smile that said 'I'll have you in my bed quicker than you think'. Your typical douchebag.

"No, but think of me as transparent and don't look at me again" I snapped at him.

He took a step back raising his hands in surrender as he let out a chuckle. "Jheez. Fiesty" he bit his lip and looked at me up and down with that look again. "What are you and your skirt doing tonight?"

Before I could answser Mercy slapped the guy's arm and he let out a very girly screech before touching the spot she had hit him. "Get a life, Jordan" 

"That is my life, Mercy" he rubbed his arm like he was actually hurt. "I'm telling your brother"

"And what is he gonna do? Hit me with his books?" Mercy laughed crossing her arms.

"It's nice to meet you all but I need to find the office" I told them trying to get out of the situation. A few minutes in and I was already meeting weird people. 

"I can walk you there" Mercy said and linked her arm with mine. "Bye losers" she laughed at her friends and Jordan gave her the middle finger. 

Mercy helped me get my sceadule and find my locker as well walk me to my first class. We chatted a bit and I realized she was actually pretty cool. She even invited me to lunch with her friends. 

Those friends? 

In other situations I'd pass but at the moment I had nobody so I agreed. 

Classes were fun, mostly because it was only the first day. I got some glances because of my short skirt but nothing serious. I was mostly gratefull that teachers hadn't said anything. I didn't know that the no clothing above the knee policy was so strict.