4. "It made me want to vomit hearts and butterflies"

Hero couldn't stop looking at my lips as I talked to Mercy about a show I had been watching. I knew it was probably because he was trying to understand what I was talking about but I couldn't help the feeling in my heart that kept saying that maybe it was because he was affected by me. Or maybe he wanted to kiss me?

Kiss me? What the hell was I talking about? He didn't want to kiss me. I was annoying to him!

With the corner of my eyes I could see his eyes moving from my eyes to my lips. I suddenly turned my head to him making him jump from his seat a little, scared.

"You're staring" I told him. His cheeks became red as he lowered his head to his book. 

I took a piece of paper and wrote "Haven't finished the book yet?"

I knew he said I could talk casually to him but I loved writing him notes. It was like it was our own little secret. Noone could know what we were talking about. 

He shook his head.

I was about to tell him something else when he put his index finger up silently shushing me. He was getting invested. I giggled at myself taking a bite off my burger. I watched him. I saw his eyes moving rapidly from left to write reading the page like a maniac. His eyes suddenly widened and he put his hand on his mouth to cover his gasp. He yelped and then closed the book putting it on top of the table as he looked around like he was scared somebody would catch him reading that part.

"What happened?" I asked him laughing.

"They kissed" he wrote with blushing cheeks.

I looked at him in awe. How the fuck can he be so cute?

"Which ones?" I wrote back.

"The superior couple, duh! Kathriene and Matthiew from 1745"

"This is your favourite Kathriene and Matthiew version? Come on, nothing beats Kate and Matt from 2039!"

"D I S A G R E E!" he wrote with big letters which made me laugh. "Kathriene and Matthiew have something pure and original. They have a strong love. Kate and Matt are just your fellow fuck buddies. Did you see how Kate was flirting with Matt's brother to get to him? Girls are trash like that nowadays and I'm guessing they'll be like that in the future too"

He took a lot time to write that so I took my time to finish my food. I snorted at his answer.

"Just wait until you fall in love so hard like Matt did. You won't care about anything" I wrote.

"Don't worry. I won't be a puppy behind a chick's tail like Matt if that happens"

"I mean come on! Have you read how cute their married couple notes were? That was their thing! And it was so c u t e"

Like ours.

"Yeah, it made me want to vomit hearts and butterflies" he rolled his eyes and I laughed.

"Why do I feel like you're affraid to fall in love?" I suddenly wrote changing the subject abruptly.

"I'm not. I just don't want to"

"You don't choose these things. They just happen!" I wrote. "What if you end up having a love that strong like them?" I pointed at the book.

"Don't worry. Time travel hasn't been invented yet. So I can't just travel through time, find my lover again and again and fall in love again and again"

I laughed reading his note.

"Maybe you don't have to. Maybe the love of your life is here, right in front of your eyes"