5. "Your breath smells like coffee"

It wasn't hard to find Hero's house. It wasn't that far from mine, concidering I went there on foot. I was happy I was going to see him two times in one day. But the moment I was standing outside his apartment door I suddenly became nervous. Hands sweating and heart going crazy kinda nervous. 

I wiped my sweaty hands on my jeans and then put one hand in front of my mouth to check the smell of my breath.

Good.

Wait, why the hell was I checking for my breathing. It wasn't like we would be within I-can-smell-your-breath kind of distance.

I shook my head to vanish my thoughts and knocked the door. A few seconds later the door opened revealing a lady around her mid forties looking at me with a confused expression.

"Hi, I'm Josephine. I can to see your son, Hero" I said. 

I was about to do a step foreward so I could go in but she said "Wrong house" and slammed the door to my face leaving me very confused.

Did I really have the wrong house?

I stayed outside the door for a few more seconds trying to think what I was going to do. I heard some noises from inside, like bickering, and seconds later the door opened to reveal Mercy with a happy expression. 

"Hi, sorry about that. Mom is really insecure with people that hang out with Hero. Come in" she told me and I nodded awkardly stepping into the apartment.

"Hero told me he is helping you with BSL" she continued while I looked around. The apartment was simple. Plain walls, a small couch and TV and a small staircase that was stuck in the wall and was probably leading to the upper floor.

"Yeah, and I'm helping him with his presentation" I said.

"Noone has ever done that for him" she said and I just smiled awkwardly.

"Come on. I'll show you his room" we walked up the stairs and we stopped at the first door we saw. She opened the door and we both walked in. The first thing I saw was a huge bed and Hero laying on it, completely asleep.

"Let me just wake him up, real quick" Mercy said but I grabbed her arm. 

"It's okay. I will. Thanks" I told her, a silent plead to leave the room.

She smirked at me. "You know you don't have to whisper. It's not like he'll wake up because of the noise" he laughed but I couldn't find the joke. Then she silently left the room not before giving me thumbs up though.

I looked around the room for a while taking in everything around me. In his walls it was painted a sea and huge waves everywhere. The lighting was low which made the white in the waves glow. 

Damn, this boy really liked the sea.

Hero was laying in his bed, his head a little bit under the pillow, his hands laying loosely on his chest. One leg was off the bed and his laptop screan was still on besides him. He probably didn't want to fall asleep. To be honest, he looked beautiful.

With a smile on my face, I went closer and kneeled on the floor besides him, my face next to his. He was snoring slightly which made me let out a giggle. 

"Hero" I whispered even though I knew he couldn't hear me. I grabbed his soft hand and shook him lightly. No response. I placed my palms on his arm (cough huge arm cough) and shook him more roughly this time. He took a deep breath which meant he was starting to wake up. His long lashes went up and down as he blinked and then opened his eyes fully. His face turned to mine and I gave him the least creepy smile that I could.