FIVE

Full book available on amazon

FIVE

SINCERE

The last twenty-four hours had been crazy as hell. I hadn't been home, and my fiancée Jahbria had been blowing my phone up. I wasn't in a talking mood at the time but I knew that I'd have to explain this shit to her. Within a short amount of time I went from having zero kids to having a soon to be three year old daughter. This shit was crazy as hell to me.

The moment I stepped into the crib Jahbria was on me like white on rice.

"What the hell is going on Sincere? You've never stayed out all night long and ignored my calls on top of that!"

"Damn, can I close and lock the door first." I chuckled to try and make light of the situation.

"Fuck that door right now." She walked up on me. "Let me smell you." She began to sniff me all over.

"Baby, what are you doing?" I asked trying to hold back my laughter.

"I'm trying to see if I can smell that bitch's scent on you."

"I wasn't with a bitch last night. Well, I was with a woman but not in the way that you're thinking."

"What?! You know what whip ya dick out. Let me smell that too."

She tried to unbuckle my pants but I pushed her hands away. Her eyes grew wide as I walked over to the couch with her right behind me. I sat down and removed my shoes as she continued to stand for whatever reason.

"You got to explain this shit to me! The last time we spoke you said some shit about catching up with an old friend. Is what who you were with?"

I nodded the replied, "Yeah."

"Oh hell no!"

I grabbed her hands pulling her down onto the couch next to me. "You trust me bae?"

"I don't even know how to answer that question right about now. I used to trust you but after you just spent the night with another woman, I don't know what to think anymore."

I sighed. "Let me explain."

"Go ahead."

"I ran into an old friend and ended up finding out that she never told me she was pregnant with my baby."

"Wait! This old friend is a woman you used to sleep with?"

I nodded. "She's my ex girlfriend but I haven't seen nor spoken to her in three years."

"So you have a baby? From another woman?"

"Yes, a soon to be three year old daughter named Serenity. I apologize for not answering the phone for you last night bae but it was a lot of shit going on and I just needed to be alone so that I could think. I was at the hospital all night."

"Hospital? For what?"

"Serenity had a seizure. She's doing much better now. I came home to shower and change but I'll be going back up there a little later on. I don't want to miss out on anything else in her life moving forward."

"This is some Jerry Springer shit." She blurted out causing me to laugh.

"Same thing I was thinking."

"Wow." She replied.