Chapter - 3

The next morning was very un-eventful for Mew. He woke up like any other weekday of his to his alarm on the bedside table. He got up, dressed and went out for breakfast.

   He found only Mrs May in the kitchen. "He's not up yet?"

   "Still sleeping, said he had to catch up on his beauty sleep or something."

   Mew snorted at that. "No beauty sleep can help that little cat."

   Mrs May just shook her head at Mew.

   "The guest room has to be cleaned." Mew said scooping the fried egg with spoon.

   "You are having guests?"

   "Gulf's parents are coming."

   "oh."

   "And his stuff needs to be moved into my room." He said sipping his OJ.

   "Okay."

   After Mew was done with his breakfast he left for work.

   Mrs May went to Gulf's room to wake him up. "Wake up now, I have a lot of work to do."

   Gulf groaned in disapproval, but still got up.

   "Good boy." Mrs May said as she ruffled Gulf's hair. "When do you leave for your schedule?"

   "4 in the evening I think." Gulf said stretching his limbs.

   "Good. You can help me move your stuff to Mew's room."

   Gulf whined like a hurt dog, as if moving into Mew's room caused him a lot of pain.

   "Hey come on he doesn't bite. Have you ever heard of a teddy bear biting a person?"

   "There are always exceptions, and he is one." Gulf whined.

   Mrs May tuted. "Okay get up now."

   After his breakfast, Gulf helped Mrs. May move his things into Mew's room. It was his first time in Mew's room. It was a large one, bigger than his own, but what caught his eye was the bed and he heaved a sigh of relief, it was a big one, not a small one he was imagining to be crammed with Mew in.

   After everything was in place he left for his schedule. Throughout the schedule his mind was distracted, too many thoughts and questions were going around.

   He kept trying to remember his childhood memories, but in vain. He wanted to find out what was the promise he had made with Mew; and he wondered, if he and Mew were that close before then why was Mew acting cold to him? And there was this new problem of sharing the room.

   His distracted mood didn't go unnoticed by Kaownah. After Gulf's photoshoot for a sports magazine was over he dragged him to a club to cheer him up and it worked. After a few drinks in him, Gulf was on the dance floor, dancing with anyone who came to him.

   After some time he left the dance floor to go to bar stand, they sat down and had bottles and bottles of alcohol, till they were pissed drunk and the bartender almost had to throw them out.

   Kaownah hailed a taxi for them. "Aren't you coming?"

   Gulf shook his head. "I don't wanna go. I want to drink more." he slurred.

   "You already had enough, and you have a match tomorrow, so get in, Now!"

   "Don't wanna!" and Gulf stuck out his tongue at him.