Chapter - 4

Gulf heard his mother's footsteps nearing his room; and as an instinct, he stumbled into the bathroom.

Mew's eyes widened at the sudden entry of Gulf into the bathroom, but he closed them and started the countdown.

"5.. 4.. 3.."

Gulf hurriedly lowered himself into the bathtub; the towel that was on his waist lay discarded on the bathroom floor.

"2.. 1." Mew opened his eyes to find Gulf sitting opposite from him, gathering all the foam and bubbles towards himself.

Gulf looked up to find Mew staring at him, an amused expression on his face; and he instantly averted his eyes from Mew's direction, but some way or the other they would land on the barely exposed skin of the man.

His collar bones and a bit of his chest was exposed. It looked firm yet soft; very delicate, as if even touching it would bruise it and mark the flawless milky skin. He wanted to touch it, feel the softness.. and he heard Mew clear his throat.

He knew he was staring and was now caught red handed; his eyes grew wide, he felt like a deer caught in headlights.

He immediately turned away, looking everywhere but at Mew; and an awkward silence grew in between them, and he knew it was awkward for him alone, because the amused expression on Mew's face clearly told him that he was enjoying it.

He looked at Mew again and found him staring at him, as if waiting for him to speak something.

And Gulf gave in to the awkwardness and Mew's gaze and blurted out the question that was troubling him since a few days.

"Th-that night did something happen between...us?"

"Which night Gulf?" Mew said as he rubbed his lower lip with the pad of this thumb.

Gulf followed that action with his eyes and gulped.

"The night I was drunk."

"If you want something to happen, then it did happen; if you didn't want anything to happen, then nothing happened." Mew said, locking his gaze with Gulf's.

Gulf squirmed under Mew's gaze, but he couldn't break the contact, he was too mesmerized by those dark brown irises and also he was confused by Mew's answer. He tried again.

"So did something happen between us?"

"Maybe; maybe not." Mew said with a smirk.

Gulf bit his lip and cursed himself for even asking Mew something like that. He saw small waves coming towards him; he looked up to find Mew's arms resting on the edge of the bathtub.

"You work out

"You work out." Gulf said, his brain-to-mouth filter not functioning, as he eyed the guns on display.

Mew flexed his arms, making his biceps bulge a little more. "Yeah I work out."