Chapter - 5

Gulf’s eyes widened when he saw Mew leaning in, his heart skipping a beat or two. A second later he felt Mew's soft and warm lips on his own, his tongue prodding on his lips, trying to enter his mouth, and as instinct his eyes closed and he gasped at the sensation the other's lip brought, which gave Mew the access to his mouth.

   And a few seconds later he felt Mew withdrawing, the chewing gum in his own mouth missing.

   He saw Mew's retreating back and dragged himself to the gazebo that was outside the Hall, to calm himself down.

   That kiss with Mew sent an odd but pleasant tingling like sensation throughout his body.

   He touched his lips; he could still feel Mew's lips on his. Oddly he didn't find that kiss disgusting or revolting, in fact he found it.. very pleasant. He liked the way Mew's lips felt against his.

   And he found himself thinking about Mew's lips. He had kissed people before, but this.. somehow, felt different from the others.

   He shook his head, trying to clear all the vague thoughts that were running around but to no avail. He sighed, giving up and let his thoughts run wild.

   Gulf wasn't the only one who was thinking about that kiss. After the meeting with Mr. Gun ended successfully, Mew slumped down into the couch that was in the lounge, his mind travelling back to what had transpired some minutes ago.

   He was desperate and couldn't see any other solution. He knew what he had done was wrong, but.. it felt very right.

   One kiss with Gulf and he found himself wanting more, falling into a daze, but he wouldn't admit it, his ego too big for that.

   He sighed, he didn't know how Gulf felt about it, and he knew he had to apologize; but the problem was that he didn't know how to apologize; he had never apologized to anyone before.

   He ran his fingers through his hair, ruffling them, and thinking of a way to apologize. He gave up when he couldn't come up with anything and went to the hall to search for Gulf.

   I should at least start somewhere. And shrugged his shoulders.

   Almost everyone was on the dance floor, he found his parents, Gulf's parents even Cheer, but there was no sign of Gulf.

   He passed by a window and a lone figure standing outside in the gazebo caught his eye. He looked a bit more carefully and found it to be Gulf. He quickly walked to the gazebo, making sure on his way that there were no paparazzi lingering around.

   Gulf was pulled out from his daze when he heard Mew clear his throat behind him. He turned around and found himself face to face with Mew.

   He felt the heat rise up in his body, and he turned away, not being able to meet Mew's eye.

   "I sincerely apologize about what happened sometime ago." Mew said looking everywhere but at Gulf.

   "It's-its okay." Gulf said swallowing nervously.

   And suddenly awkwardness hung in between them, Mew cleared his throat and looked around, his eyes found the window through which he had seen Gulf.

   He saw people dancing, waltzing around the dance fioor and was reminded of his parents. Whenever his father had done or said something that upset his mother, he would pull her into his arms and would waltz around the house with her, apologizing to her.

   Mew cleared his throat.

   "As an acceptance of my apology will you dance with me?" Mew asked as he held out his hand for Gulf.