Chapter - 8

And soon the day Gulf had to leave came. They bid their goodbyes in their home.

     Mew did want to see off Gulf at the airport, but all the fans and media that would be present there stopped him.

     And hence on the days that Gulf had his match; If he missed it, Mew would lie down in bed after dinner looking up the replay of the match.

     He did call up Gulf too, but that was limited. He saw Gulf running around hyper active, scoring for his team on the field, and hence he kept his calls short and not that frequent so that the other one could have more time to rest, and whenever he called Kaownah would interrupt them, not letting them talk for a long time.

     Mew switched on the tv; today was the final match and after a week Gulf would be coming back. In a week, after three months he would finally be seeing his Gulf in flesh.

     His heart beat increased when he saw the screen. Gulf had dyed his hair again; they were dark brown with highlights in them.

     He couldn't concentrate on who scored the final Goal. He was only taking in, absorbing, and digesting this change in Gulf. The younger looked so pretty with his new hair colour.

     He was distracted by Gulf and didn't pay much attention to the game. He could tell that after the game, Gulf was called upon to receive the cup. And Gulf was asked to deliver a speech. But he couldn't listen to what the younger was saying rather he was immersed in his beauty.

     His daze broke when the big screen in the stadium flashed a photo of him and Gulf.

     His eyes bulged, this time paying attention to what Gulf was saying.

     "Everyone I have a confession to make." the Gulf on screen said.

     "I am married." he said, hesitation evident in his voice.

     There was a loud murmur in the crowd.

     "This is him." Gulf said, pointing to photo on the screen. "He is good-looking isn't he?”

     The crowd fell silent, only a hush of voices was audible.

     "He is a good man. And I like him very much, even though he has a few animal traits. And he sings very well. But he doesn't like to be under sun unlike me And I’m planning to make him play a game with me.” Gulf said smirking mischievously.

     His fans laughed at that.

     "He would do anything for me. And so am I. That's the reason, why I'm standing here in front of you guys, risking my career and everything only for him. I want my fans and everyone to know my love for my husband. We don't want to hide our life anymore." Gulf said in one breath.

     "Hope you all will accept us." Gulf said softly.

     After a second of silence, the crowd cheered, and the scene ended with Gulf smiling widely at the camera, his eyes overwhelmed with joy from his fan's acceptance.

     Mew immediately called Gulf. He picked up the call at the second ring, and before Mew could say anything, Gulf began his rambling.

     "I'm sorry. I should have told you that I was gonna announce it. I'm sorry now-"

     "Gulf" Mew uttered softly.

     "Now you have to deal with the media over there and sort out all the problems-"