1

^this is what's she's wearing^

I dedicate this story to KaciWheeler

Chapter 1

No ones POV (aka the air)

A sudden succession of shrill rings cut the silence. Isla jumped up startled. Peering toward her phone, She hesitantly picked it up gently placing it by her ear before grumbling out a few words
"Kaylee I swear to god"

"Don't be mad"
The girl said through the phone quietly but quickly before stating
"I got them!"

Isla sighed as she slowly sat up on her bed rubbing her finger against the temple of her head
"Kaylee" She huffed down the phone as she started to get aggravated by her best friends cryptic way of speaking "for once could you just be straightforward?"

"Isla"
She spoke softly with a light chuckle "now tell me where the fun would be in that?"

"It would mean I got to go back to bed"
Isla moaned as she shot herself back into her pillows

"Fine"
Kaylee sighed "I got the tickets, for the one direction concert. You know the meet and greet ones that I really wanted"

"Great"
She sternly answered confused to why she had to know
"That's great news, bit puzzled with how it relates to me but I'm happy for you. May I go back to sleep?"

"Well Isla, you are coming with me whether you like it or not and yes you now may go back to sleep"

As Isla heard those last words she clicked the red button and put her phone back onto the wooden bed side table before closing her eyes but just as she begins to float back to the land of sleep the rambunctious blaring of the small alarm clock jarred her out of her peacefulness causing her to jolt up, smashing the snooze button as hard as she possibly could, cursing under her breathe.

She breathes slowly but deeply allowing her self a moment to shed the sleep from her brain, to allow the visions of the night to give way to the day. 'In a few minutes I will be able to greet the sunlight, to see the colours as bright as the backlit images of cinema screens; I will adjust' she thinks to herself as she burrows herself into the warm, soft sheets. She rubbed the remainders of sleep from her eyes. She slowly rose from her bed and jumped out of it before walking towards her curtains and pulling them back to reveal a golden rose sky, the sun starting to rise. She knew this was something the majority of people would consider beautiful, as did she, she saw the magic that drew so many artists and photographers in, as if their brains all ticked the same way.

Dragging her feet across her dark wooden floor to her bathroom she combed her hands through her messy blonde hair trying to redeem the mess currently plopped upon her head.

She stretches her arms out as she opens the door to her bathroom, still trying to find the strength to move all her 5'5 body into the room for a brisk but refreshing shower to start her day off.

Stepping in front of the bath she strips down and steps slowly into the tub, turning the water on high and letting it beat over her head in steamy rivulets. Closing her eyes to the water as the heat soaks into her skin, she leans against the cool tiles. The water pours down, it drips by her side, as her mind fades into dullness and everything is a foggy illusion. Bleak thoughts of her mundane day ahead of her cloud her mind like a misty winter evening. The sensation of the steamy water calms her; it takes her mind of things. All the things she honestly don't care about. It's the water. Her mind swirls, and it's like she's standing under an everlasting waterfall. Ever so beautiful.

Ambling out of the shower Isla hauled herself towards the towel rack, grabbing one she gently wrapped it around her small physique before strolling out of the room.

***

Isla moved across the kitchen like her leg had fallen asleep. Hobbling like a woman triple her age her face was a beautiful cross between a grin and a grimace, the kettle was whistling and she wanted her tea. What else was she to drink with her breakfast? Shuffling the mug towards the kettle and putting a tea bag in with a spoonful of sugar the kettle hisses and clicked as it told her it was boiled. Isla lifted the kettle and poured the hot water into the mug with just enough space for a drop of milk.

Turning to the sound of bread flinging out of the toaster, she grabbed the toast and threw them into a plate before smothering them in jam and butter; of course not in that order that is.

The moment she slides into her chair the front door flings open and Kaylee comes strolling in with a brown bag of what smells like freshly baked cookies
"Isn't it too early for cookies?" Isla ask as she takes a bit out of her toast

"Nonsense" Kaylee defends herself as a smile creeps up onto her lips "I had to get them after all cookies of every kind layered the bakery counter"

Isla sarcastically pouted at her friend as shook her head
"Bit dramatic wouldn't you say?"

Kaylee jolts her head side to side before carrying on
"From white chocolate and macadamia nut right through to sprouted grains and wheat germ, there really was something for everyone"

"Sounds like you should be in advertising"

"the gingerbread men and their gum-drop buttons were absolutely adorable so I had to pick some up from the store they are the ones so crunchy you could hear the bite from a block away. These ones are softer, the ginger more pronounced as as moreish as anything I've ever tasted" she speaks with passion pulling a chair out from the table and sitting down "I bought about 20 but I left you 2"

"How kind" Isla scoffs as she pulls the bag towards her "you were always the kindest"

"I know" kaylee smiles taking her friends other piece of toast "that's why you are so lucky to have me. I get you gingerbread men and concert tickets"

"I didn't ask for them, and I don't really want to go" Isla moans as she stands up and puts her plate into the sink. Lifting her body onto the counter where she sits, legs lifted up allowing her to cross them; leaning into the cream tiles behind her trying to look everywhere but at Kaylee

"I don't care what you say, you will go even if I have to drag you there my self because I have a feeling that it will change your life"

I haven't yet edited or corrected this so sorry if there are any small mistakes