Myriad Sea part 2

Classroom. St. Freya High. Afternoon of the same day: "............" Bronya was going with the flow of the alternate world. 'It's a little different from the real world. It is St. Freya High, but not the one the Bronya knows... Himeko and Fu Hua felt somewhat different. I could t find anyone else. Dr. Einstein said the Sea is a confluence of parallel universes. Did the Bronya enter one of them? What was Joachim's answer referring to?' Bronya asked herself in her mind. Ding dong ding dong~ 'The Bronya needs to gather more intel about this world. History is the next class. The Bronya may gather useful intel there.'

"Oh dear. Too many students failed to show up." Said a woman walking into the classroom. Bronya got alarmed. "............?!" It was Cocolia. "Alright, girls. Get back to your seats. Prepare to get some history." Said Cocolia. "What?!" Shouted Bronya in shock. "We'll start at where we left off last time and talk about the Second Eruption." Cocolia suddenly noticed Bronya staring at her. "......huh? Bronya, why are you staring at me?" Asked Cocolia. "............ The Bronya is excited about the course. The Bronya does not want to miss a thing." Answered Bronya. "Indeed. The epicenter of the Second Eruption was where your home was. How much do you know about the disaster, Bronya?" "It started at the Babylon labs in Siberia and became the greatest cataclysm known to humanity. The Eruption gave birth to the Herrscher of the Void, bringing unimaginable suffering to humanity. But it was also where the Herrscher of the Dragon was born and appeared to fight the Herrscher of the Void."

"Good. You've been reading, I can tell. But there's a few minor mistakes. In fact, Schicksal mobilized quickly, minimized the casualties, and neutralized the Herrscher under 22 hours. Schicksal's quick response prevented the disaster from escalating further." 'What?!' "As for the Herrscher of the Dragon, the Herrscher disappeared after successfully defeating the Herrscher of the Void and turned into a spirit then seemed out a new host. Alright, let's review some video footages taken from that event.

A projector projected footage of the event with a system speaking. "The 2nd Eruption started in Schicksal Babylon labs in Siberia. Sirin turned into a Void Herrscher capable of manipulating Imaginary Space. But before that, The Gem of Protection, the Dragon Herrscher's Core Gem chose Drago to bear it. Sirin and Drago were originally patients in the lab being treated for Honkai infection. We do not know the reasons why she turned into a Herrscher. High ambient Honkai levels may be a potential cause. Why the Gem chose Drago was because he was worthy of wielding the Gem. Then they escaped by killing everyone all except the other patients."

Bronya payed close attention at the footage not wanting to miss a single detail. They both wanted revenge on Schicksal for what they believed Schicksal to have killed their families and have taken them away from their homes. But Sirin changed her goal to kill all of humanity. Drago was against that and betrayed her and they fought against each other. When disaster struck, Schicksal immediately mobilized its Europe Branch. The remaining branches were deployed within hours. Concentrated Schicksal efforts quickly contained the eruption. The 2nd Herrscher was neutralized 22 hours after the Eruption. But the Dragon was weakened by the fight and his body disappeared and then turned into a spirit to seek a new host." Then the footage finished playing.

"Two forces were instrumental in the 2nd Honkai War. Mechs developed by Schicksal North America. First deployed in the War with performance on par with the Valkyries. The second would be Squad Snowwolf led by S-rank Valkyrie Cecelia Schariac. While fighting against the Herrscher, the Valkyries also helped evacuate many civilians from surrounding cities. Their efforts helped us recover quickly from the Eruption. I was one of the many people they rescued back then. After the war, the Snowwolves were charged with disobedience. Schicksal never gave the orders to evacuate civilians. But I happen to disagree. The Valkyries must be given the privilege of judgement or they'll end is as mindless fools. I trust everyone appreciate this. This is why you're at St. Freya founded by Lady Cecelia herself." Cocolia finished explaining.

The class applauded. Cocolia beamed with pride at the response. Ding dong ding dong~ "That ends our class session. Remember to study for the exam. Dismissed." 'This is not the history the Bronya knew... Matushka Cocolia... a Valkyrie?' Said Bronya in her mind. The students were gone, leaving only Bronya and Cocolia in the classroom. "Matush... Miss Cocolia..." Said Bronya. "What is it, Bronya?" Asked Cocolia. "Why did Miss Cocolia become a Valkyrie?" "I got you interested with that speech, didn't I?" Cocolia gently patted Bronya on her head.

"Indeed... why did I do that? I used to be confused about my choice. I grew up in a Siberian orphanage. Survival was all that I could think of. There were other orphans like me in the northern wastes. I wanted to do something. I thought about joining the army to protect them or building an orphanage..." "But Miss Cocolia became a Valkyrie." "Hmm. Yes. I knew I could bring them bread and hot stoves no matter what I did... But there are other things that could only be provided by Valkyries of St. Freya." "Things... like what?" "Hope and freedom. I learned that from Principle Cecelia during that war." "Miss Cocolia reminds the Bronya of someone familiar... familiar but still different..." "I heard about your bad experiences before you arrived here, Bronya. But put it all behind you, dear. This is St. Freya High. You won't have to take orders from anyone. Explore the campus, make new friends, and think about your future. Do the things you want. You're free hear."

"............" Bronya did not know how to respond. There was an awkward silence. The classroom door suddenly opened. It was Himeko. "You busy, Cocolia?" Asked Himeko. "What is it, Himeko?" Asked Cocolia. "It's about that HQ mission. Looks easy enough for our students. But we must act quickly." "How many girls are ready for deployment? And that includes our students." "4, including those you just recruited." "We need a few more." "Most of our instructors and senior students have already been deployed. But... I think there's someone suitable here. She seems eager to try as well, right, Bronya?" "Bronya?" Cocolia turned around and found Bronya watching and listening to them talk. "The Bronya is confident. Include the Bronya if you need another Valkyrie in the team." Said Bronya. "Alright. Welcome to Squad V OC the Far East Branch, Bronya. It's an emergency and we have to set off tonight. I'll give you the mission briefing. Go and prepare." Explained Cocolia. "Da. The Bronya shall prepare."

Cocolia nodded and then left the classroom with Himeko. Bronya stood there and thought about this world. '"Pain and confusion of the past"... the Bronya can only think of one person... Cocolia might have the thing the Bronya is looking for.' "............" 'This... this place is not real...'

Front gates. St. Freya High. Evening: Bronya was outside with Cocolia, Himeko, and Fu Hua. "I'll introduce you to the squad members, Bronya. This is Miss Himeko, Fu Hua, your Class Monitor." Introduced Cocolia. "I'm relieved to know that Bronya is our new squad member." Said Fu Hua. "There should be two more persons... are they late?" "Sorry! I'm late..." "I'm here!" Shouted two voices. "The voices..." Said Bronya.

A familiar young girl appeared feeling exhausted then a familiar boy came from the sky and landed. "It's... It's you!? Seele! And subjects Patrick and Drago!"