Tundra Cabin part 3

The three of was walked to get firewood. But then we saw a quantum shadow. "A quantum shadow hovering in the skies. The people in the bubble universes can't see them." Said Bronya. "But us." I said. A few more appeared and attacked us but we took care of them after a few seconds. "Strange... this world seems unstable. It's like a blurry dream..." Said Seele. We continued further till we encountered more of them but took care of them the same way with the last ones.

"This is odd. We're a good distance from the orphanage, but there was no hostile encounter. The snowy plains are devoid of Honkai Beasts or even predatory animals... ........." Bronya had a bad feeling about something. 'This feels wrong. There seems to be something in the air...' "Bronya Onee-Chan, there's a little bush up ahead." Said Seele. "Do not push yourself too hard, Seele. The Bronya and subject Patrick-Kun can do this." The sight of Seele trying to use an ax was painful to Bronya. It affected me too as I was using the Dragon ax in the form of a wood ax used to chop down wood. "It's alright. I can maintain my form in these worlds. I want to share your burden." Seele swung the ax to hack branches and twigs from a tree.

"This place felt like the orphanage where we grew up in. Those children reminded me of us when we were little girls. The days were tough, but we worked hard together. We were happy. We've lost our family, but the orphanage gave us a new one." Explained Seele. She gathered and stacked the twigs and branches while I gathered the logs.

"What about you Patrick Onii-Chan? Did you ever experience life in an orphanage?" "I never did. I never lost any of my family." "What do you mean? Don't you have a tragic backstory like Bronya Onee-Chan and I?" "I'm sorry but... Unlike everyone else in our squad, I have no backstory. I also never experienced life in an orphanage or a foster home." I said.

"Did you know anyone who lived in an orphanage or a foster home?" Asked Seele. "One of my old friends had a cousin who lost his parents in a car crash and had to get sent to a foster home and would not let any of his family or friends visit him. He will only get out until he turns 18. I haven't seen him since I was a kid." I explained. Drago appeared and wanted to join in. "Back when I was still human, I lost my family because of Schicksal. A lot of people where I used to live did and the children were taken away to the tower of Babylon in Siberia to be experimented on and to get turned into Stigmata." Explained Drago. "I don't know if you had Television at Cocolia's orphanage but I was first introduced to the concept of Foster Homes in that old cartoon "Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends." Then I was first introduced to orphanages in that Disney movie "Meet the Robinsons."" I explained.

"Who else taught you about orphanages and foster homes?" Asked Seele. "Hotel for Dogs, Annie, Despicable Me, Time Squad..." "Saint Seiya, Animaniacs, Wakko's Wish..." Drago interrupted me before letting me continued. "Yu-Gi-Oh, Newsies, Anne of Green Gables, Harry Potter, The BFG, The Hunger Games, Higurashi: When They Cry..." "Alvin and the Chipmunks..." "Kung Fu Panda, The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, Naruto, One Piece..." "The Care Bears Movie, The Rescuers, Madeline..." "The Adventures of Puss in Boots, and The Three Stooges. In other words from any movie, Anime, book, and cartoon that deals with orphanages and foster homes. And this one book I can't remember the title."

I sighed before continuing. "What I do remember about that book is that it's about this girl who had to take care of her two little brothers because her mother wouldn't leave her bed and was scared of hospitals. Then she became friends with this goth girl who taught her a few things. Then the girl's mother attempted to leave with her two younger brothers only to be found by the girl, the goth girl, and the goth girl's family. Then the girl's mother was sent to a hospital and the goth girl's family had to take care of the girl and her two brothers till they had to get sent to a foster home where they can live in till their mother was out of the hospital. Then at the near ending of the book the girl's mother was good as new and the girl and her two younger brothers returned to their home and left the foster home."

I turned to Bronya then cam to Seele. "When Bronya first told me about her past and about you, I felt emotional about her backstory. Being forced to fight at a young age and losing her childhood innocence. It's like in that book I've read before coming to St. Freya, called "A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier" about this African child named Ishmael Beah being turned violent and forced to kill being hypnotized with drugs. He was like Bronya when she was captured by the Siberian army who trained her as a soldier, which led her on to becoming the infamous and feared sniper, being named the Silver Wolf of the Urals. There have been nations around the world that have forced children to use guns to kill people. I can understand how Bronya feels about going through what the Siberian army put her through like how the Sierra Leone government army put Ishmael through the Sierra Leone Civil War."

"What is your opinion on children being forced to fight at a young age?" Asked Seele. "In my opinion only people at the age of 18 should be drafted to fight not children or teenagers. Otto Apocalypse makes people from children to teenagers fight against the Honkai and experiments on them with Honkai radiation. I've heard that he takes children and teenagers away from their families and experiments on them with Honkai radiation either turning them into Valkyries and Knights or turning them into Stigmata. But that makes him no different than Cocolia who was doing the same thing. She made you and Bronya take Honkai tests then it looked like you were killed in the X-10 test when you were just acting like a ghost. I can understand the struggles you and Bronya have gone through but made it through." I finished speaking. "I know you do Patrick Onii-Chan." Said Seele.

She gathered and stacked the twigs and branches while I gathered and stacked the logs. "But... the children seemed disconnected from each other. Joachim is also leaving the place." Said Seele. "The priest said Joachim will be adopted soon." Said Bronya. "Being adopted is great news for an orphan." "Not every time Seele. Some times being adopted is bad news. For I've seen orphans get adopted by bad people. Abusive parents that beat children up for no reason, scumbags that refuse to work and force their children to work for them, and parents that treat children like slaves. This one FanFiction I've read about a girl getting abused to death then police coming in and arresting the abusive parents. But the girl did not die alone. She died with her dearest friend. Her plush toy. It could be bad news for Joachim if he gets adopted by someone bad and then gets abused by abusive step parents." I explained.

"But I think he's behaving strangely. They must be hiding something. We must ask Theresa. Enough firewood has been gathered. Time to head back." Said Bronya. "Da. Bronya Onee-Chan." Said Seele. Bronya and I carried the logs while Seele carried the twigs and branches. "............" Her face suddenly changed into a saddened look. "............"