Tundra Cabin Part 5

Thanks to more help from the older children, we managed to bring Father Otto back to the cabin. He awake to see Theresa. "Father? You're awake!" Said Theresa. "Theresa... I... what happened? I'm sorry you had to see this. This is your favorite bitter melon biscuit. Sorry... it's not hot anymore." Said Otto. It doesn't matter, Father. Why did you collapse in the snow? What are those wounds?" "A minor discomfort... this ailment shall pass with a night's sleep."

"............" Bronya didn't say anything. What is it, Bronya Onee-Chan? You seem... worried..." Asked Seele. "The Bronya is alright." Answered Bronya. I laid back against the wall with my arms crossed. As much as I hated the idea of helping Otto, this was not him from our reality. However this reality's version of Otto brought back bad memories of what our reality's Otto has done.

*THUD* The door opened. Joachim looked extremely anxious. "Father..." He returned fo his usual expression once he saw that Father Otto was fine. "I'm glad that you're alright." Said Joachim. "Have you packed your things, Joachim?" Asked Father Otto. "Yes I did." Joachim stood by the bed with his head bowed. Otto tried to pat him, but he flinched away. The priest stopped trying to comfort him and felt the crucifix he wore around his neck.

"You leave tomorrow morning, so you should get some rest. Please... help me take care of this cross." He gave the cross to Joachim, but Joachim did not accept it. "......I went to the market to look for a gift for you. But I felt this cross is most fitting. It averted calamities for me. I hope it can give you God's blessings." "I don't need it......" Said Joachim. "Please take it, Joachim." Said Theresa. "I'm sorry... I can't... God's blessings... will God bless those who kill in the name of goodness?"

Theresa suddenly got an angered expression. "What are you saying, Joachim? Father gave you the cross because he wants you to..." It's alright Theresa." Otto interrupted her. "... you never understood what Father wanted..." Theresa finished. But then Joachim got an angered expression too. "............ You're the one who doesn't know anything!" Joachim screamed. "Wait! Joachim!" To everyone's surprise, Joachim ran out of the room. The Father tried to follow, but he collapsed onto the floor.

"The sun is setting! He'll be in danger!" Shouted Theresa. "Theresa, take care of the priest. The Bronya shall return with Joachim." Said Bronya. "I'm coming too." I said. Bronya and I ran out the door to find Joachim. "...the tundra has changed. Bubble composition has been altered. Did Joachim do this?" Asked Bronya. "It looks like he did. I'm afraid that I might have no choice but to hit Joachim and say to him "let's see you grit those teeth" to knock some sense into him." I said. "Please don't do that. We'll try to use words first." Said Bronya. "Fine. If that doesn't work, we might have to use force." Ice Honkai beasts appeared but we used fire DMG and destroyed them instantly.

We finally caught up to Joachim. "Joachim, please tell the others what you think. Everyone is worried about you." Said Bronya. "You never cared about me... you only cared about Father Otto! I don't want to think about this... just... just leave me alone!" Joachim was still angry. "Now wait just a minute! That's not true. We don't just care about Father Otto! We care about everyone including you!" "No! You're lying! Leave me alone!" Joachim snapped back at me. 'Very well. You leave me no choice.' Before I could use force on him.

"...!!" Honkai Beasts appeared. "...!" Joachim got scared. "Honkai Beasts defected." Said Bronya. "Better knock some sense into him later. Let's destroy these monsters." I said drawing out the Dragon Guns in sub machine gun form. "Roger." Said Bronya making Project Bunny appear, then we opened fire. We had to protect Joachim from the Honkai beasts. However we split up and took them out one by one but then a Honkai Beast already got to Joachim.

"Get... get away from me!" Shouted Joachim. "Stand up, Joachim..." Bronya suddenly stopped speaking. "H... help! HELP!" Before the Eldritch Knight could kill it. Someone shoot it and killed it. "... Father?!" It was Father Otto holding the Judgement of Shamash. "Good... you're alright. It isn't easy to escape Theresa's sights..." Otto stopped speaking and was collapsing. "Bronya rushed forward to break his fall and found out that he had passed out. I changed the Dragon Gun's into Water Gun form and shot out huge streams of water and extinguished the fire.