~"My R"~

TW: Suicidal themes mentioned!
~

Maple softly blinked as she scented the familiar tangy scent of the thunderpath, hearing the faint roaring of monsters, sheltered behind a bunch of long and high stalks near the edge of unmarked territory and moorland.

Just as I was about to take my shoes off, on the rooftop there I see

She ripped at small tufts of grass, blinking as another scent entered her nose past the thunderpath scent. She nudged through the tall earth, blinking gently. Another cat sat near the path.

A girl with braided hair here before me?

The ex-leader stared at the other cat, her eyes widening as she recognized the splotched, curly pelt. ‘Poppydapple?!’ Her kin was long dead, she murdered the poor queen, right at her paws defending an apprentice. Her ears folded, staring as the she trotted across the side of the path still on the grass, ears alert. Maple assumed she was scanning for monsters.

Despite myself, I go and scream

Maple felt a lump in her throat, a thick thorn stabbing through her heart at the sight of her kin actively looking for monsters near the thunderpath. She couldn’t hold herself back, jumping out of the cover, yelping.

“Hey, don't do it please!”

Poppy had jolted at the sudden yowl, whipping around. Maple simply stared her kin in the eyes, tail dragged behind her. She took a subconscious thought that Poppy looked more than alive, no hint of being a StarClan cat shown at all. The queen weakly smiled at Maple, her curly fur turned upright properly, like a natural grooming session. The other also held a green flower in her head, bright baby blue eyes glowing, multiple emotions mixed along in them.

Whoa, wait a minute what did I just say?

Maple blinked as she realized the words that exited her jaw. She had come here to wait for monsters and run on the path, stopping her already dead kin from doing so instead of just joining her. Her heart ached looking at the shecat, she couldn’t just let her end her starry life by running into the path.

I ‘couldn't’ care less either way

Maple frowned, taking a few paces forward, where Poppy simply smiled weakly. “Poppy…” She murmured, her ears flat as she locked eyes with her.

To be honest, I was somewhat pissed

“Sorry.. I didn’t expect you…” The queen started before trailing off silently. A sudden anger bubbled in Maple, perhaps annoyance at the fact she missed her chance or the queen being here.

This was an opportunity missed

In the silence, Maple dug into the emotion. It was anger that she missed her chance. She could tell by the vibrations. She sighed weakly.

The girl with braided hair told me her woes

Maple glanced up to Poppy, her paws scuffling on the floor as she spoke, quietly, weakly, not focusing on her kin.

“You've probably heard it all before..I Really thought that he might be the one, but then he told me he was done..”

Maple immediately knew who Poppy was talking about. That fox-hearted thundercat she had as a mate. The father her kits never had. Rage bubbled into Maple’s figure, growling, her claws digging into the ground as she remembered. She was stalking in the trees when Poppy told her mate she was going to have kits. She remembered the anger on the tabby’s face when he heard this, slamming his paw on Poppy’s head. He spat at her and ran, never to return to the clan again. Maple leaped down and comforted her kin. She was only deputy at this time, but on StarClan’s will, she ran and told the leader. The leader thereforth exiled the tom for abuse on a queen. Maple couldn’t stop herself as the angered words flooded from her jaw.