61

*Arc: Heartbreak*

"Cassidy?" Roman stumbled after the man as they made their way to the castle. "Cassidy please talk to me?" The prince whined pathetically as he struggled to keep up. "CAZ!"

"I CAN'T FUCKING STAND YOU RIGHT NOW!" Roman flinched as Cassidy whipped around with a growl. "Yes, you didn't know. Yes, you only left to try to help him, but god damn it... I TOLD YOU IT WOULD DESTROY HIM!"

"I didn't have a choice." Cassidy grabbed him by the shirt pushing him into the alleyway and up against a wall till his feet didn't touch the ground anymore.

"Virgil is a liche, you fucking moron." Roman's eyes narrowed as Cassidy's voice came out in a fucking hiss. "And now thanks to you he's probably on his way to kill everyone."

"No. Virgil isn't like that. Even there he was still very..." Cassidy deflated as he let Roman touch the ground with a sad sigh. 

"Roman look up what a liche is and then come back to me." Roman tensed as Cassidy started to turned away. "Maybe when you finally know what EXACTLY Virgil is you'll understand what's going on with him... and how you just totally fucked everything up."

"Cassidy, what is a liche?" Caz smiled as he looked back with tears in his eyes making Roman freeze up. 

"They're dark creatures, Roman. Practically undead in a way... Virgil..." Roman's eyes went wide as Cassidy sighed. "Virgil is only half liche... because of his father. Look, Roman just look it up. I'm sorry. I just... Looking at you right now... I just can't." Cassidy flew off like a bullet leaving Roman there lost in his confusion until.

"Hello?" Roman tensed at the sound of someone calling. He spun around to see a familiar face and his eyes lit up. The man was frozen for a second before literally breaking down in tears. "Roman?!"

"KAI!" Roman slammed into his friend laughing at how the other sobbed into him. "I'm ok, Kia. I'm ok."

"A year, Roman." Kai's voice cracked as he held his friend tighter. "You been gone for a year. No one would tell me a thing just that... that Virgil he... he did something to you."

"Virgil never hurt me, Kai." Roman sighed as he pulled away with a frown. "Not on purpose. He's in trouble himself and I don't know how to help him. So... I came back to try and figure all this out and..." Kai frowned in confusion.

"That almost sounded as if you didn't actually want to come home." Roman shook his head as he smiled sadly and shrugged.

"I don't know what I wanted. The whole year all I could think about... when I could, was getting back here. Finding Remus and just... getting out of that place but... Kai, I love him. Virgil is literally my everything. And he wasn't... entirely wrong about it being good for us." Kai honestly didn't understand what he was hearing.

"Please tell me you aren't only here to grab your brother and go. The queen is already livid about your absence."

"I couldn't care less about what my mother wants. Besides... I'm not here for that. I'm here to find out how to help Virgil and that's all. Once I figure out what to do I can go back and..." Kai put a hand to Roman's shoulder cutting him off with this dark look in his eyes. "What?"

"So you are going back?" Roman smiled softly with this purely determined gaze.

"To Virgil? Without a doubt. If there is one thing I told him during this past here that I wholeheartedly believe... I belong at his side. I love him, Kai. Please understand that." Kai sighed as he rubbed his neck awkwardly. 

"Your mother will not be pleased you know." Roman rolled his eyes with a laugh as he and Kai started for the castle.

"My mother can go run up a tree. Remus and I don't belong here. When we're finally gone she can adopt that perfect little girl she wants and leave well enough alone. I don't care about her and her wishes..." Roman's eyes narrowed as he clenched his fists tightly. "My only concern right now is Virgil."

"Virgil, I really believe you should sit down." Thomas mumbled softly as Virgil just stared off at Kingdom before him. "Virgil, please. I understand your upset but..." Virgil flinched horribly as Thomas placed a hand to his arm. Virgil looked back and it was like everything crashed in the older. For the first time in a VERY long time, Thomas's parental instincts were kicking in. He hadn't felt this since Cassidy was a baby. Virgil stood there eyes as white as his skin. He had no color in him as his black inky tears refused to stop falling. Thomas smiled sadly as he took a cloth and wiped Virgil's eyes only to frown seeing how it literally stained the skin giving Virgil that terminate back under his eyes like makeup. "Please sit down. I promise you we will get Roman back. I don't want you hurting any more than you have to in the meantime though."

"You told me." Thomas's heart broke as Virgil turn back towards the castle. "You tried to warn me but I didn't listen... and he left me. Thomas... Roman left me."

"I know you're in pain, Virgil but..."

"I can't even feel my heart beating." Thomas jumped in shock as Virgil smiled through the tears that continued to fall. "Since he left... Since I read the letter... my heart hasn't beaten." He placed a hand to his chest with a frown as he took a deep breath. "Without him... I'm just not 'alive' anymore, Thomas. I need him... and he left me."

"We will get him back. We just need a plan." Virgil shook his head as he clenched his shirt tightly. 

"What's the point of forcing him to come back, if he doesn't want to be there. Thomas..." Virgil was clearly broken into pieces. "...he'd only leave again."

"I could put him under compulsion again." Virgil frowned as Thomas tensed with worry. "Virgil, please. Tell me what I can do to help you. I just don't know..."

"For now, nothing." Virgil turned his back to the kingdom with this dark look in his white eyes. "It's nearly nightfall, prepare the furies." Thomas nodded as he started towards camp. "And Thomas?" The dragon froze as Virgil's voice echoed around them. "No one dies, Thomas."

"As you wish, my king." Virgil watched as Thomas walked off before turning back to the castle. He blinked and his eyes started glowing a pure and ghostly white... There literally was no more color to the broken man. His eyes narrowed as he heard the excited screeches of his creatures.

"Prepare, yourself Rosa." Virgil face held no emotion at all as the sun dipped below the horizon. "The dark will no longer be safe."