Chapter 9

Izuku POV

I woke up to see a white ceiling. I sat up to see my bedroom.

Oh yeah, I remember now. After the attack yesterday, I was sent to the hospital to be checked up on, but they let me out early and here I am now.

"Yeah, you really have to be more careful."

"Yeah, I do. Thanks for back then at the USJ, if you hadn't of knocked me out then I would have lost it."

"Your welcome!"

"Anyway, todays the day."

"Oh, right... you and Todoroki were gonna go save Ban weren't you..."

"Yeah, that's right. He should be here any se-"

The doorbell rung and I jumped out of bed.

"And there he is now"

I opened the door to see him in a hoodie, carrying a light backpack.

"Ready?" he asked.

"Ready."

Meliodas separated from my mind and appeared in front of us.

"Here goes nothing." 

Meliodas touched our shoulders and we found ourselves In a vast, green field.

This was the alternate land that the Demons fled too. We could see a dark, towering old castle in the distance, and started our way towards there. Meliodas couldn't bring himself here, physically or mentally, so we were on our own here.

We nodded at each other and remembered what Meliodas told us.

"Remember, don't just burst in declaring a fight, try to get in and out unnoticed, and don't be rash about things. Think them through carefully before following through. Be careful."

We headed in the direction of the castle, he told us that Ban was in the deepest part of the underground dungeon, in cell 9.

Once we were close enough, we started to circle the perimeter of the old castle, til we found the old stairway that no-one used anymore. It was locked, of course. Todoroki froze it and I smashed it so it broke into chunks of pieces, then we smashed open the old wooden trapdoor. It was pitch black, the only light source was Todoroki's fire. The floor was made of stone, freezing. 

We made our way through the dimly lit passageways, scanning the empty cells, looking for some source or proof that any life actually existed in the deep depths of the crumbling dungeon.

"Ban?" "Ban are you there?"

We called as quietly as we could, hoping none of the possible guards could hear us. We weren't sure how many, or if there were any guards, so we had to proceed with extreme caution.

Neither of us could hear or see anything, no guards, no prisoners, nobody. "Wait... I think I hear something!"

"Todoroki, do you hear that?"

"Hear what?"

"That snoring!"

"Snoring?"

"Yes, snoring!"

"I don't hear any snoring!"

"Listen harder!"

He paused for a second, allowing the snoring to make it's way into his ears.

"I hear it!"

"The snoring?"

"Yes the snoring what else?!"