(1920's) XV

Reader's point of view

Avis and I manage to get many costumers as we wanted to empty my newest stall. First day and my new Bakery bloomed out really fine.

Many enjoyed my sweet treats especially children(who I gave special discount since they're adorable). Avis was more exhausted than I am since she did almost all the job of cleaning the bakery. While I, on the other hand just stayed in the kitchen to make more cakes and pastry.

Though, the encounter with Vox was really unsettling. Was he really going to say deranged?

I'm pretty sure that's what he's going to say about Alastor? But Alastor? Insane? No, I don't believe it. He's perfectly fine! I don't see anything wrong with how his mind works! In fact, he's really smart.

One thing I'm sure about is that Vox didn't really like Alastor. He's a famous man, and also for my Alastor. And I hear some news about the two not having a healthy partnership.

A shook the thought I out of head as I try to focus of counting all the money in the cash register. Avis is already outside waiting for me to close up as she waits for me in her car.

Going back home wasn't going to be that fast, but I refused the idea of staying here for at least 2 days since I really wanted to checkup my first store and also, to meet my lover.

I miss him already if I'm being honest. I keep thinking of him since earlier, ever since we left and ever since Avis started to clean and opening up the store.

He also told me that he's going to take a day off from broadcasting some news because he needed to do something for the whole day.

He was so sweet, giving me a peck on the lips before I leave the town. He's so handsome and so classy.

"Hurry up! Stop daydreaming! Cheesecake is going to kill me knowing that I haven't return his car!" Avis said.

I rolled my eyes on her, "That's your problem and responsibility. Not mine." I said as I walk past her. She knows that I'm kidding whenever I gave her a sassy attitude.

"Did you just gave me sarcasm?" She asked following me towards her "Borrowed" car.

I nod and gave her a(sweet)smile, "Yes." As I said that, I giggled at her.

"You're annoying." She said as she clicked her tongue, getting inside and so am I.

"I know." I just smiled.

--••--

We were close at my shop, Avis and I are laughing since he said something about Martin almost beating up her first Butler, but since she said that her Butler is out of this world, the tables were turned and Martin was the one who got beaten up. I just thought that she's giving the first Butler a compliment.

"I remember that on time when I first got here!" I said laughing, the first I ever took a step forward on this city, Avis was the first one to greet me with a smile.

She's the first ever person that I felt so comfortable with. It was weird cause it feels like fate has brought our friendship together.

"Oh yeah, helping you with those large boxes was pain in the ass!" She said laughing, I don't find anything humorous on it but her laugh surely made me laugh.

"Haha! You were so lazy back then! A sloth if that is!" I laughed.

But her laugh died when I said those sentence. She just looked at the road driving carefully with a seem to be a. . .