CHAPTER SIX

"So, how did your family take it?"

Talking with Jared while walking in the woods near the treaty line had become a routine. After school – and lunch cause even though she didn't need to feed, Jared did – they would meet up and talk for hours or till his stomach growled again. He would say that he was still a growing boy and she would laugh hysterically.

"Better than I thought they would. I mean they were surprised, some even a little angry but they came around it," She answered his question as she danced around him with a playful smile on her face. "How did the pack take it?"

Jared grimaced, his face turning away from her as if he didn't want to offend her. "Before I tell you that, I need to tell you my reaction," he gulped and watched as she gestured for him to continue with a smile, "I didn't take it very well. I was angry at the spirits and didn't know what to do about it. All I could think was 'why her? Why a cold one?' And I just –" He watched as her face turned sad and grabbed her hands, "But then, you smiled at me. You spoke to me with so much kindness that I didn't think possible. You were so cute and adorable and all of my previous thoughts disappeared. I thought I was going to make this work no matter what and I feel so goddamn lucky that you are making this work too. So, thank you,"

Cassandra smiled at Jared, her cold marble skin not noticing the change of the temperature as the male touched her hands and she tried to keep her nose from scrunching by the awful wet dog smell that entered her nostrils due to their close proximity.

She squeezed his hand before she pulled away and continued her little dance, "So, how did the pack take it?" She asked again.

Jared chuckled at her antics, "Not so well as yours did. Sam had been so angry, he threatened me with my Beta position in the pack. Paul had been really angry with me but luckily, he is okay with it now. He wants me to be happy and I'm glad he's my friend. As for the others, we wolves, we can listen to each other's thoughts when we phase so they found out that way and there were lots of screams and jokes and so many more but no one really comments about it anymore which I am glad because I got teased a lot,"

She laughed at that earning a scowl from him which made her laugh even more.

"No, I'm serious. Bella is the girl who runs with vampires, I'm the vampire lover," Jared grumbled, rolling his brown eyes.

Cassandra felt a light chuckle escape her lips as she assessed him, "Technically, you're the vampire friend," she winked at him which made him smile a little, "But okay,"

After a while, she bid him goodbye knowing that Alice would kill her if she didn't help with the graduation party decorations. Alice has organised the whole thing and she knew the party would be a hit.

Cassandra sat in a corner, looking as people started showing – even Bella's human friends – and waited for Emmett to finally escape Alice who wanted everyone to be dressed perfectly.

She waved at a few people she knew and watched as they blushed because of the attention she gave them. She rolled her eyes just as Emmett sat next to her.

"I'm in charge of the music, what do you think?" he winked at her and she finally paid attention to the music and gave him a high five because the song that playing was one of her favourites. She and her brother sat there, laughing, making jokes, moving only to change the song and they spent most of their time just with each other.

There were a few bold humans who would come over to them and ask her to dance – they never asked Emmett because they were afraid of Rosalie – but she declined every request. She didn't feel like dancing, she had a feeling something bad was going to happen even though everything was great.

Until Cassandra noticed something weird.

Three wolves entered their house, one of them being Jacob Black. She stopped herself from rolling her eyes. Doesn't that boy understand what no means? She had no idea who the others were. She got up to head their way, only speaking with Emmett for a few seconds to tell him where she was going – he hadn't been very happy about it but he left to find his mate – and by the time, she had reached the group, Alice and Jasper had joined in.

"The decision has been made" Alice stated suddenly, looking at Jasper and then, at her.

"You're not going to Seattle?" Bella asked, looking at her with wide eyes. Bella reached over and grabbed her hand and Cassandra gave it a light squeeze. They were talking about the newborns that had gathered in Seattle and were causing so much havoc that her family was sure the Volturi would intervene soon which was something bad because Bella was still very much human and not a vampire as they had promised them.

Alice shook her head, "They're coming here"

Oh shit, this isn't going to end well.