EPILOGUE

Unlike her siblings' initial thoughts, Jacob was alive and better than expected

Unlike her siblings' initial thoughts, Jacob was alive and better than expected. Her adoptive father had to break his bones again so that he could rearrange them and all but the werewolf healed pretty quickly and he was alive. That's what mattered. The whole pack was worried that he wasn't fully healed and didn't give him many patrols for a while but after a week, he was back on track.

Jared and Cassandra seemed to be closer to each other. They haven't left each other's side for more than a few hours and even in those few hours, it killed them to be apart. She had spent all night and day next to Jared as the whole pack didn't want to leave him alone for too long. She ran patrols with him, held him when Jacob's pain and thoughts grew too much and always made sure to bring a smile on his handsome face.

She had met his mom, who had been a sweetheart – a little cautious around her but she didn't blame her, it was very much expected – and she had made her promise to visit more often; Jared had officially met all of her family members – he and Emmett got along a lot better than she thought they would. Rose didn't really want to be near him – the wet dog smell disgusted her, according to her – but that was okay with her. She wanted him all to herself anyway.

Their favourite hang out spot had become the beach, either at the cliff when they would jump like they did the first time he brought her at La Push or they would see somewhere where the sun wouldn't reach them just to be safe.

And that's what they were doing now.

They had been lying on a secluded part of the beach all day so that no one could see her sparkle under the sun who made his appearance once again at Forks and La Push – a rare but very appreciated action by some. Jared had his head on her lap and her fingers were messing his hair as they watched the rest of the pack have a picnic in front of them or play football.

She watched young Claire squeal as Quil chased her, she watched Paul and his imprint, Rachel Black, kiss while the others ate but she also noticed the ones that hadn't imprinted on someone play football without a care on the world. Once in a while, they would kick sand on the couples which would make Sam really angry and Leah smile at that – she thought no one saw but she did – and that had been enough to make her day.

"Can I ask you something?"

His eyes were closed but she knew he was awake, "Anything," he hummed, his fingers moving to interlock with her but he let one of her hands in his hair because he loved the massage she provided.

"What is your opinion on going on a vacation together? I know we've only been together for about two weeks but I want to spend some alone time with you,"

Jared sat up and looked at her with a certain glint in his eyes, "Do you have any destinations in mind?"

"Is that a yes?" she asked, a small smile spreading on her face.

He smiled back, kissing her on the lips, "For you, always,"

Jared Cameron, even though she didn't want to tell him that yet so that he didn't get even cockier than he already was, had truly been a blessing in disguise to her. He had turned her lonely and somewhat dark life into a bright and happy place filled with love and she will eternally be grateful to him for that.

 He had turned her lonely and somewhat dark life into a bright and happy place filled with love and she will eternally be grateful to him for that