CHAPTER EIGHT

Meeting the wolves was something she really wanted to and so, after another practice session, Jared had asked her to join them at the treaty line

Meeting the wolves was something she really wanted to and so, after another practice session, Jared had asked her to join them at the treaty line. The wolves had all except Jared jumped at the other side. Her imprint stood next to her before he vanished to get dressed so that they would be able to communicate.

"You guys can shift too, she won't hurt you," Jared spoke as he came back to her side. Cassandra nodded; her arms wrapped around herself. For some reason she felt self-conscious, she felt as if she was meeting her new boyfriend's family – which in a way she kind of was but don't tell Jared that.

She watched as slowly and surely; every wolf changed back to their human form. Her eyes widened and she spun around quickly as masculine chuckles escaped most of them, even Jared who placed a hand on her shoulder.

"A little warning would have been nice," she grumbled, emitting another chuckle from Jared.

"Sorry, I'll tell you when to look,"

She elbowed him, making him laugh. When she finally turned around, she saw the pack looking at them with different emotions in their eyes, most she couldn't tell, but she could definitely see the disgust and anger in Sam's eyes. Her imprint seemed to notice too because he paced an arm around her shoulder and brought her closer to his side.

"Gosh, you guys smell like a wet dog," she faked a gag to break the ice and thankfully, she did when most of them started laughing.

One of the younger wolves chuckled, saying, "You smell like old rotten tomatoes,"

Cassandra gasped, slapping Jared's shoulder, "You never told me that!"

"Oh yeah, because telling your imprint that she smells like rotten vegetables is definitely going to swoon her off her feet," Jared scoffed, rolling his eyes.

She started copying him, making fun of him which made the pack laugh even more. Well everyone except Sam who still looked angry – who put a whole fucking tree up his ass?

"You were right, Jared," A tall bulky male said from next to Sam, "We do like her,"

"It's the charm," she winked, "I'm Cassandra. I don't know why I just introduced myself because I have a feeling Jared, here" she poked his bicep, "already told you everything about me but I know nothing about you except some names. So how about I put some faces on those?"

"Who's Paul?" The bulky male next to Sam raised his hand, "Of course, matches Jared description. Handsome, funny and a lady's man,"

Paul laughed, "You know it,"

"Embry?" A male from behind Jacob raised his hand. He had also been with Jacob at their graduation party, she noted while humming.

She continued this for at least half an hour before the wolves started asking her questions. Most were like 'how many years old are you?' or 'how much better are your senses from a human's?' until they finally asked 'how were you turned?' and 'what are your intentions with Jared?'

Those questions had been asked by Sam who sat in the background, his arms wrapped around himself, a dark look on his face as he examined her face. Cassandra didn't let herself show weakness.

"That's none of your business, Sam. And before you say it is because Jared is your pack member, Jared will find out when I am ready to tell him, not because you're bullying me into telling him. Now, I know you're not comfortable with us being imprinted to one another but to be completely honest, this doesn't concern you. This is between Jared and me and if we ever want to pursue a relationship, we won't tell you or ask for your permission. It will happen because we want it to happen,"

Those words had shut everyone up and soon enough, the wolf left, leaving Jared and Cassandra all alone.

A growl escaped her lips and she turned around punching a tree to tone down her frustration. "Don't listen to him, he's just bitter,"

"I now understand why no one can stand him,"

Jared nodded, "That and because of Leah,"

"Leah?" she asked.

"Not my story to tell but let's just say there's a love triangle inside our pack. That's why Sam is bitter, he's jealous that you and I are just friends and not something more which was something he could have done and stay with Leah. But instead, he chose to break up with her and be with his imprint, Leah's cousin, Emily,"

Cassandra gasped, "I hate him even more now,"

Her words caused him to chuckle again. Jared sobered up quickly but a small smile remained on his face as he let his eyes run up and down her body. Cassandra wore high waisted black right jeans along with Vans and a cropped dark green hoodie with the number '00' on it while he was dressed in his usual cut off jean shorts – those were the only clothes he carried. "Can I tell you something?"

She nodded, leaning against a tree as she watched him closely.

"I have never been more turned on in my entire life," he confessed, talking about when she started screaming at his Alpha.

The female vampire laughed loudly, her head falling backwards and touching the bark of the tree she was leaning against as she did so. Her laugh caused him to laugh too and soon enough, they were both a laughing mess, sitting next to the treaty line, with her head on his shoulder.

This whole imprint thing was a lot better than she thought it would be.