CHAPTER NINE

The day – actually night but whatever – before the fight, Jared had gotten permission from his elders to let Cassandra cross the treaty line so that they could hang out

The day – actually night but whatever – before the fight, Jared had gotten permission from his elders to let Cassandra cross the treaty line so that they could hang out. The female vampire had found it really cute that Jared wanted her to see La Push and go cliff jumping with him and the rest of the wolves.

Thankfully for her, the only wolves that came along were Paul, Quil, Embry, Seth and Leah. She didn't comment on the female's rude behaviour towards her, it was expected really and she didn't try to get closer to her knowing that she would only snap at her and things would probably get messy from thereon. Leah reminded her Rose in a way; both were very protective of their families and got easily jealous even though it was for justifiable reasons.

Cassandra wanted to beat the crap out of Sam for treating Leah like that. She didn't know the female well but still, the human part inside of her wanted to really hurt him – like grab-him-and-throw-him-off-the-cliff-but-with-no-sea-underneath hurt him.

Jared seemed to sense her agitation because he quickly gestured for one of them to go first and show his imprint how it's done. However, Cassandra had other ideas. She smirked at him before running with all her might and jumping from the cliff. She laughed as she felt before she gracefully hit the water surface. Her eyes didn't even blink and she continued laughing while underwater.

Loud splashes reminded her to swim upwards as her heavy body was being pulled by gravity. She pushed with all her might, no ounce of panic inside her body. Only a big smile was evident on her face.

The wolves were laughing, their faces barely showing due to the big waves and she turned just in time to see Jared fall. He jumped, a big smile on his face as he hollered. He cannonballed his way down and almost immediately reached the surface again, his lungs needing air unlike hers.

"That was fun," she commented, watching as the boys started swimming back so that they could jump again.

Jared made his way to her; his skin had turned pink from when he had hit the water surface with all his might but it was rapidly healing which brought a sense of comfort to her. He nodded, his smile never leaving his face as he wrapped his arms around her waist in a warm hug. While Cassandra was wearing all her clothes, Jared only wore his boxer which if she had been human, would have caused her cheeks to turn scarlet red.

Loud splashes were heard again and they looked behind them to see the boys falling again. Jared's laugh caused her to follow but they never strayed away from their hug. Even though huge waves were splashing onto them, she leaned her head against his shoulders and wrapped her legs around his waist – the water didn't bother her at all.

The salty scent of the sea masked his wet dog smell – she had feared it would turn even worse now that he was actually wet – which she was thankful of and she noticed that he too wasn't twitching his nose because of the bad smell.

This was a win-win for both of them.

Jared's hands stayed around her waist until he brought on up to caress her long unruly blonde hair. Her bronze eyes immediately met his as the others continued jumping again and again. She could hear them talking in the background but she couldn't understand what they were saying, she was solely focused on him. It was just him; it always had been.

"I want to do something..." he mumbled, his head tilting forwards causing a certain feeling to blossom deep inside her chest.

She whispered back, "I want to do something too,"

And without even realizing, their heads titled slightly and their lips touched as soon as a big wave crashed onto them. However, they didn't break apart. They were still kissing, their lips perfectly moulded together underwater. They broke apart just for him to get some breaths in before they kissed again and again.

Cassandra brought her hands on his shoulders before she put them on his head and she started playing with his short black hair. Jared, on the other hand, kept his arms around her, bringing even closer while they kissed. And when they pulled and started laughing, his cheeks had turned a deep red colour, she realized something.

This was one moment Cassandra was going to keep inside her non-beating heart for as long as she remained on the face of this planet.