Chapter 2 - The First Year

Y/N woke up the next day, it was about six in the morning and he couldn't get back to sleep. So he decided to head to common room, to practice his guitar skills.

He had an acoustic Guitar and he played it pretty good. He had plenty of time as a kid to familiarise himself with it, since he wasn't into all too much.

His father was always so busy and didn't have the time. So it left with him being isolated. The man just wanted his son safe. He didn't want to danger him, but in danger him from what?

One day he had sneaked out and his father found out, let's just say he went completely mental. The guy was nice (in his own way) but could be a bit... dramatic sometimes, guess it ran in the family.

Like father like son.

Y/N walked into the room and found it was empty, so he just sat down at the nearest sofa and began strumming away. Playing soft and ambient songs that he knew.

He was doing this for about an hour and surprisingly no one bothered to disturb him, maybe they didn't hear it.

'Thank god.' He thought.

Well that was before he heard the sound of footsteps.

Y/N turned his head only to find the one and only Hermione Granger. "What are you doing up so early?" She asked while trying to stuff a yawn.

"Good morning 'Mione, I could ask you the same thing." He chuckled.

She approached and sat down beside him. "I couldn't get back to sleep, so I decided to get some practice done." Y/N explained to her

"You play Guitar?" She had a surprise and shocked face. "Can you sing?" She asked.

"Well I- I no, I mean yes, yes I can, I haven't sung in a long time though, its honestly not that great." He laughed nervously and stuttered, slightly embarrassed.

Hermione, god bless her cute heart, though it was adorable.

"I bet you're really great at it." She flattered him. "Could you... maybe sing me a song?" She asked, a sly smile across her face.

"I don' know..." Y/N gave her a sideways glance, as she was stared at him just waiting.

And in that time, she said nothing, but looked at him with an expecting, yet encouraging smile that reached her eyes.

"I'm not getting out of this am I?" He asked, noticing the lone silence, and her waiting gaze.

"Nope." Hermione replied with a, shake of her head, and smile gracing her lips.

Sighing, Y/N tuned his guitar slowly, before his fingers made their way to the strings, and he began a song.

"What a wonderful world."

I see trees of green
Red roses too
I see them bloom
For me and you
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

It was a soft, blooming tune. Sweet like honey, and it had Hermione almost tripping up. The fact that he could perfectly play a guitar, and sing as good as he could at just twelve-years-old, was staggering to just about anyone.

I see skies of blue
And clouds of white
The bright blessed day
The dark sacred night
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

The guitar was perfectly in tune, along with his voice. As his fingers strung across the cords almost delicately. It made Hermione think as if he was cradling a newborn baby with the way he was treating it. She understood that, maybe there was more to him simply enjoying the music flow.