Chapter 1 - Summer Holiday and The Burrow

The summer holiday started with a great Big Bang... well... sort of. But it wasn't far off.

Y/N's father wasn't happy at all about him finding out about his mother's death which honestly now that he thought about it, it probably wasn't the best conversation starter. But then again when is he happy?

His father basically explained everything, pretty much what Dumbledore said. He told him that he was just trying to protect him but Y/N had a feeling that there was more to it than just "protecting him"

His father was actually here this time, however, he would be leaving again after Y/N gets to Hogwarts. There was surprise there, he would say it didn't bother him and it was true, years of childhood absence accounted for that so much that he didn't mind it, but as he was younger he absolutely hated it, his father was only there for him when absolutely needed, which certainly didn't faze well with Y/N. Ever since he had arrived at Hogwarts he had started acting out more, nobody could fault him. Although one would question when all the emotion and hatred baggage would finally unleash? It would definitely, but when it does it won't be pretty to see.

To say it caused a slight rift between the two would be an understatement, Y/N was pretty pissed at him for hiding such important information for so long and no one could blame him. It wasn't right to hide something so crucial, to lie. To make him believe that his mother's death was his own fault. The minute he had gotten home he had lashed out at his father, surprising the both of them, years of emotions going by unchecked had unleashed in a fiery rage, it didn't last long but it surely made his father double check himself.

But to his ever growing surprise, it wasn't all too bad, he was quite ecstatic over Y/N being a part of the Quidditch's team, a Chaser.

Although he could sense that his father wished he would've stayed away from such things, to not get inolved in something so, well known, something that would put him in the spotlight.

But he was pleased that he was put into Gryffindor. Believe his exact words were "There's no finer place than Gryffindor, but all the houses are just as good, except Slytherin."

Which Y/N had to be honest, from his very personal opinion, he had to agree with him. But that brings them to another problem, Father wasn't exactly "thrilled" about him fighting the pain in the ass who they all hated dearly... Malfoy.

You see Y/N's Dad got this rivalry with Lucius Malfoy and well you know what they say "Like father like son" From what he heard about Malfoy's father, is that he's just as bad as him, perhaps worse.

Y/N even told him about how he met Harry, Ron and of course Hermione. The fact that he made some friends at Hogwarts was... somewhat strange, the man wasn't particular fazed nor interested but slightly happy nevertheless. Y/N didn't have any friends before joining Hogwarts because SOMEBODY wouldn't let him out into the real world, stuck with homeschooling.

So even after all he had told him, he was still pretty pissed off and of course he had received letters from Dumbledore himself about the events of The Philosopher's Stone and
You-Know-Who, that took him over the edge.

But there was a bright side to all of this, Y/N hadn't been experiencing anymore nightmares ever since. Which he was honestly glad about and also the pain in the back of his neck had disappeared, they said it was a side effect of the memory gain but he had a feeling there was more to it, but of course he only had instincts and gut feelings to back up his suspicions.

So here he was, locked in his home with only his books and thoughts to keep him company. He had been reading for last hour or so about Hogwarts magical creatures which would be very beneficial for this year he imagined.