Chapter 4 - Fans and Lockhart's Class

Next the golden Quartet walked to their next class, transfigurations which Y/N was happy about, for obvious reasons. Professor McGonagall's classes were always hard work, well, for Harry and Ron.

They were tasked with turning a beetle into a button, but all Harry managed to do was give his beetle a lot of exercise as it scuttled over the desktop avoiding his wand.

Y/N and Hermione were doing great, as usual, and managed to turn their beetles into coat buttons which was rather fun for the two, same couldn't be said for Ron though.

Ron was having far worse problems. He had patched up his wand with some borrowed Spellotape, but it seemed to be damaged beyond repair. It kept crackling and sparking at odd moments, and every time Ron tried to transfigure his beetle it engulfed him in thick gray smoke that smelled of rotten eggs. Unable to see what he was doing, Ron accidentally squashed his beetle with his elbow and had to ask for a new one. Professor McGonagall wasn't pleased.

After the class finished, the bell rang and everyone filed out of the classroom except for Harry and Ron, who was whacking his wand furiously on the desk.

"Stupid—useless—thing—"

"Write home for another one," Harry suggested as the wand let off a volley of bangs like a firecracker.

"Oh, yeah, and get another Howler back," said Ron, stuffing the now hissing wand into his bag. "It's your own fault your wand got snapped—"

They went down to lunch, where Ron's mood was not improved by Hermione and Y/N's showing the two the handful of perfect coat buttons they had produced in Transfiguration.

They sat eating their lunch and Y/N decided to ask Hermione something. A couple weeks before Y/N had received a letter from his grandparents from Spain once again it turned out his grandpa's condition had worsened a lot more. So being the nice the person that he was, he asked his dad if they could visit them... and to bring along another for the ride.

"Hey Hermione?" He gestured to her in Spanish.

She turned her head to face him and replied. "Yes?"

"I'll b- be going to see my grandparents in Spain in the summer and I- I was wondering if you wanted to go with me, you know on holiday?" He very nervously asked her, unsure as to what her response would be.

Meanwhile Harry and Ron were watching them, confused as to what they were talking about it, it actually annoyed Ron that they were practically hiding what they were saying from them.

Hermione expression turned into one of happiness and joy. "Yes! I would love to."

Y/N took a breath of relief and decided to switch up. "Thank you." he told her as he took a book from his bag and started reading it, almost as if nothing had happened.

"No problem." Hermione replied and did the same.

"What were you talking about?" Ron asked, curiously and annoyance plagued his voice.

"None of you business." Hermione said in a song like tone, not even bothering to take her eyes off the book.

"What she said." Y/N replied, as he continued reading his book.

"What've we got this afternoon?" said Harry, hastily changing the subject.

"Defense Against the Dark Arts," said Hermione at once.

"Why," demanded Y/N, seizing her schedule playfully with a grin, "Have you outlined all Lockhart's lessons in little hearts?" Hermione snatched the schedule back, blushing furiously.