Chapter 16 - Spanish Delights

The plane ride was fairly decent. Though Y/N would argue that the plane food was in need of improvement, no, scratch that. A complete overhaul, especially on the breakfast menu.

'Yuck.'

But all in all he couldn't complain. The plane turbulence was minimal to which he was thankful for, as was Hermione and the rest of the passengers. The two hour and a half flight was more or less what you'd expect, borning in all aspects.

However, with Y/N sat at the left end near the window, his father on the right, close enough to the path of the plane straight to the front, and with Hermione sandwiched in-between. (Luckily for them) The two males had yet to speak a proper conversation other than exchanging a couple of words at the airport; getting on the plane and that was it.

To which Y/N was grateful, though Hermione could tell something was up. But she said nothing, suspecting that whatever they had going on was something they had to fix, which she was right of course. Only they could figure out their differences. However, she guessed it would be awhile before they'd be shaking hands and giving compliments before then.

Groaning from the long sitting of the terrible conditioned plane seats, Y/N followed his father out, with Hermione clutched beside him, off the plane along with the other passengers. It didn't long for them to be checked out, showing their passports and grabbing their luggage. Before they knew it, they were on the road after flagging a taxi down. Not bothering to take the company buses, since the drive to his grandmother's house was only twenty minutes away from the airport.

For them, magic wasn't the norm. Y/N's grandparents had preferred the standard muggle lifestyle instead of the magic side of their world. To which they were accustomed to. (Having being students at schools of wizards and witches themselves) Much like their only son. Y/N understood why, hell, he quite liked the muggle world himself, after living in it for so long before being dragged into the magical world just nearly three years prior.

It didn't take them long to get there. The traffic was bearable. With a hesitant sigh and a shudder (though not from the lack of heat) mostly nerves, he peered through the window of the car. He hadn't seen his grandmother in a couple of years, and so much had changed already.

He looked to his left to see Hermione, dressed in her attire. Blue denim trousers, and a light summer pink blouse, that Y/N thought fit her well. Nothing too fancy yet not something overboard. He guessed she wasn't much interested in flashy designs.

"You okay?" At first he didn't know it was her. He had been too distracted looking at her choice of clothing to realise.

Y/N flustered, averting his eyes from the direction of Hermione's curved hips of her clothing wear. (Not what you're thinking, you perv) He changed his attention to the outside, to see a quick glance of his father exchanging the taxi fare with the driver. He looked up to the house once more, and sucked in a deep breath. Before turning back to Hermione, her eyes watching him with a curious gaze.

"I'm fine." He assured her, flashing her a small smile. But it faltered when a frown appeared across her face, making him avert his eyes yet again.

Hermione brought up her hand slightly, enough for it to brush across his own that was sat lazily against the leather seating. His hand tingled at the slight sensation of her warm feeling against his, and exhaled a breath he didn't know he was holding.

He finally brought up his eyes to meet her and nodded his head forward slightly to her, as if to assure her. "Just... a bit nervous." He told her, and the frown across her face softened, and a sad smile graced her lips.

"It'll be alright." Hermione said, not bothering to remove the hand almost brushing against his. She said nothing, and neither did he. He liked it, the warmth of her hand against his, and it looked like she did. Though, why? They couldn't tell.