SW oneshot

Luke stood as tall and stiff as he could, but he wouldn't be surprised when they would notice something was amiss just by his nervous sweating. Left and right of him two Imperial Lieutenants stood so close that their shoulders nearly connected. His rebel instincts told him to run, but he knew that that would be a poor choice. The hangar he was in was practically crawling with Imperials and the next door was far from where he stood. They would gun him down before he made it even halfway. And even if he made it, with the entire garrison on his tail they would catch him. He knew that.

Luke tried to calm his breathing as much as he could. Concentrate on the positive, flyboy. Stand still and keep quiet. So far they had not noticed that he wasn't who he pretended to be, they didn't know that right in the middle of their assembly one of the most wanted rebels was hiding. If they would get wind of this he had a fair idea of what would happen to him. General Madine had given him the pep talk when the astronomically high bounty had been released that offered six million Imperial credits for his life capture and delivery into Imperial custody.

More correctly into the Emperor's right hand man's custody. As their Bothan contacts had told them, Lord Vader had personally been tasked with capturing Luke and had mobilized his entire flag division Death Squadron dedicated to find and capture him.

This was his first ground mission since the bounty had come out and Luke had been elated that he was finally being sent out again, he had been afraid tHigh Command would continue to see it as too dangerous for him to be out there where he could potentially be captured. Well his task had been simple enough, to sneak into this garrison in search of a clue of the Empire's newest TIE fighter program the rebel spy network had gotten wind of. They were rumored to be developed here.

He had landed his fighter in the forest surrounding the base and then hiked to the small entrance he had found while doing a quick sweep of the area with his X-Wing's sensors. He had gotten lucky and managed to sneak up upon an unsuspecting Imperial who had been out to smoke a forbidden stick. Luke had quickly overpowered him and tied him up after he had appropriated his uniform. Hiding his own fatigues and pulling the cap matching the unlucky Lieutenant's outfit deep into his face as not to be recognized, Luke had set off to find any evidence of the plans.

All had went well until he had been surprised by an enraged looking officer, who had caught up with him right outside the restricted area he was sneaking around. His heart had dropped to the floor, but the Imperial had just shouted him down and then sent him to the hangar where apparently the original owner of the uniform had been supposed to report to. The Imperial had ordered two Stormtroopers to escort him there as to make sure Luke would arrive. Luke had clenched his teeth at that, no sneaking away possible, then.

So he had ended up in this crowded hangar, where he had been shouted at some more for being late until he had arranged himself near the end of the neat lines of Imperial officers and ground personnel, pilots and troopers. They stood in two long lines facing each other. Behind him Luke could hear the occasional rustle of armor when the squads of Stormtroopers shifted slightly. Nowhere to run, flyboy. The cap was still pulled deep in his face and no one had questioned his presence yet. Just keep quiet and all will be well. Maybe this was just some regular drill they made.

"Attention," someone shouted and everyone seemed to pull themselves to an even more rigid posture. Luke frowned under his cap. The distant roar of an engine could be heard, coming closer. Soon it was unmistakable to identify as the engine of an approaching shuttle. Luke blinked and peeked in the direction of the noise. A few moments later a sleek Lambda class shuttle set down in the hangar, the cabin depressurized filling the far side of the hangar with ominous clouds. And then the boarding ramp opened and Luke's heart stuttered to a stop.