6 . Softly

A month passed

Sehun was driving his way back to the hospital to see his mother by the end of the day. Since he was too caught up himself looking after the love of his life, he barely finds time to visit his mom these days. Before arriving, he bought some fresh fruits and flowers for his lovely mom to bloom her up. The lift was too crowded and he was too impatient to wait, that he pulled over and got off rushing to the stairs. He opened the door a bit slowly and peeked through, his mother was sitting on bed reading a magazine. A soft chuckle left his lips, before he fixed his jacket and stepped in.

"Hi mom!" he chirped and hugged his mom affectionately from the side, as he watched her place the magazine with the flashing cover of her beloved son, by the side of the bed.

"Glad you are here!" his mother exulted softly, "I missed you. I was worried but, then Lay came here and said it was alright. He told me that my handsome son is busy charming my future daughter-in-law these day!" She smiled widely, earning a shy smile from her son. His mother stroked his hair softly while looking into his eyes.

"Tell me about her Sehun. I want to know more about the girl who charmed my son's heart." She delighted.

Sehun took a deep breath and smiled. The rest of time passed while chatting about Go Ara. Sehun's mom was staring at her son with affection. Life was hard for Sehun. After sad demise of her husband he grew up immediately. He took on the responsibilities and became serious with life. When the boys of his age were chilling around with their friends; he was busy in long hours of practice. She was happy to see her son happy. The old bright childish Sehun returned. Lost in their sweet chatter when Sehun stared towards the wall clock; he jumped on his feet.

"Mom I need to go! Its time to pick up, Go Ara. She must..." he stared at his mother as she was removing her wedding ring from her finger. The actor was confused by her surprising act which he haven't seen before, but he just slid off looking at his mom in confuse.

"Waee mom, no..." He quickly placed his hand stopping her from removing the ring, but she pulled off removing further before placing it on his hand.

"Put this on her finger." She said, almost whispering.

"But..." He was stopped again.

"No buts Sehun. It's our family tradition. It was your great grandmother's ring and we just pass on to the very next generation of every girl that enters our family." She said looking down at her frowning son, before he lifts his head up gaze moving away from the ring.

And nods his head.

The actor slowly leaned forward placing a gentle kiss on his mother's forehead and hugged her softly. He made sure to put the ring in his jacket's inner pocket and bid farewell to his mother, before leaving the hospital room only to be stopped by someone whom he didn't expect there to see.

***

He was now speeding his way through the traffic, with slighter amount of guilt and pain carried in his heart after talking to the person he met earlier in the hospital before he rushed to meet Go Ara. Tears streams down his cheeks, yet he wiped it off for the sake of the blind girl who wasn't supposed to be aware of all those fearful thoughts blinding the actor.

He doesn't want to see her that way.

He doesn't want to see her hurt.

He doesn't want her to feel the same pain he carries right now.

He doesn't want her to cry for the thing he his baring up in his heart.

He doesn't want his love of his life crying over anything.