Wraith

Emma, Mary Margaret, and David confront Mr. Gold in his shop. When Emma asks what the purple mist was, Gold replies that it was magic, but refuses to answer why he brought it to Storybrooke. At this moment, the shop shakes violently. David and Mary Margaret look out at the town under siege, Gold explains that "it" is his gift to them, and it's going to take care of Regina. Before Emma leaves she told Gold that they're not done. After they left, belle emerge after over hearing. She confronts him getting into a fight. she tells him she thought he'd changed. Annoyed he replies, "What, in the hour you've known me?" she exits the shop, clearly hurt.

The wraith attacks Regina in her cell. As it begins to suck out her soul, David appears and hits it with a chair. After he is unsuccessful in subduing the creature, Mary Margaret uses a makeshift flamethrower to scare the creature off. "What the hell was that thing? Emma asked. "A Wraith. A soul sucker" Regina chocked out. "Did I-" Mary hesitated. "-Kill it, No. It's regenerating. It'll be back. It doesn't stop until it devours its prey" Regina told before showing her hand with the mark. "Me" Regina finished.

"So, how do we kill it?" Emma asked. "There's no way. Can't kill something that's already dead" Regina told her. "Then we have a problem" Emma said. "No, we don't. Regina does" David answered. "What?" Regina asked. "David?" Mary said shocked. "You wanna let her die?" Emma asked. "Why not? Then it goes away. Then we're safe" David said. "It's quite the example you're setting for your daughter, there" Regina said. "No. You don't get to judge us!" David said. "Let me ask you something, where do you think that thing came from? Gold" Regina said. "Regina's not dying, her daughter already lost one parent, I'm not going go be responsible for daughter becoming an orphan" Mary said. "I made a promise to Henry. She's not dying" Emma said while Regina looked shocked. "If it can't be killed, what do you suggest?" David said. "Send it somewhere it can't hurt anyone" Regina said.

In town hall, Regina's office. Regina gets out Jefferson's hat. "Did Henry really ask you to protect me?" Regina asked. "Yes. (Regina smiles slightly and takes the hat out of its box) The hat. You had it all along" Emma said. "What do you mean?" Regina asked. "That's Jefferson's hat" Emma replied. "Who's Jefferson?" Regina asked. "Torches. For when it comes back. I know it's old-fashioned, but so am I" David said. "So, how does it work?" Mary asked. The group walking to the main hall. "It will open a portal to our land. All we have to do is send the Wraith in there" Regina replied. "Oh, yeah, just that" David said. "I don't understand, I thought our land was gone" Mary asked confused while David began lighting the Brooms.

"It is. But sending it to a place that no longer exists... Well, that's banishing it to oblivion. (She begins to attempt to spin the hat; the lights flicker and the Wraith's wailing is heard)" Regina said. "Regina..." Emma said. "I'm trying," Regina said as she trying to spin the hat. The wailing is heard; the doors to the main hall blow open with the wraith enter the main hall.

"Regina," Emma said.
"I know" Regina shouted. (David battles the Wraith; Mary Margaret pours alcohol along the railing)
"David!" Mary said.
David closes the gate of the railing and sets it alight with his torch. "Hurry!" He said. "It's not working" Regina said. David continues to slash at the wraith with his torch. "It's not working!" Regina said as she keeps trying. "What is the problem?" Emma asked. "Magic. It's different here" Regina said. "Now would be the time!" David shouted. Emma touches Regina's arm. The hat spins, opening a portal. David is knocked back, and the Wraith heads for Regina, standing between it and the portal with Emma.

"It's coming!" David told them. "Regina!" Emma shouted as she pushed her out of the way. The Wraith is sucked into the portal, but as it disappears, it grabs Emma's ankle and pulls her in too. "No!" David and Mary Margaret shouted. "I'm not losing her again!" Mary said before jumping after her. "Neither am I" David said as he rises. David attempts to follow, but the portal closes; he simply lands on top of the hat.

"Where are they?" David asked. "I do not know" Regina replied shocked. "Are they dead?"David asked. "The curse, it destroyed all the lands-" Regina tried to explain. "ARE THEY DEAD!?" David asked. "I don't know!" Regina said. "I should've killed you myself!" David threatened her. "Well, then, what's stopping you?" Regina asked before using magic in defense. she uses her magic to force him against the wall and, while wrapping vines around him, they begin to squeeze and choke the life out of him.

Regina gives him some mocking words, and prepares to deliver the final blow but was interrupted by Henry and Ruby's arrival. Henry is horrified at what he sees. David falls from the wall, as Regina releases him. Shifting from a menacing to a soothing tone, she tries to reassure Henry that everything is fine. She tells Henry that Emma and Mary Margaret are gone. Henry tells her that he doesn't want anything to do with her, until she gets them back. When Regina questions where Henry will go, David responds, "With me" before leaving with Ruby and Henry.

After they left, Regina tries to use magic but it doesn't work. She leaves to go home. While with Henry and david, henry looks at a picture with Mary Margaret and Emma. David promise that he would get them back. Back in the enchanted forest, Emma and Mary Margaret are unconscious