Chapter 3 | Gala Disaster

Finding a suit is just one thing. As far as Gala goes we have to be the most presentable we can ever be which also means I had to make a quick visit to the salon and whatnots but thankfully, I managed to finish getting ready before the party rolled in. Jules and Cart has also arrived in town so the four of us decided to go together with the thought of making yet another headline. 

Our group's quite popular in the circle; hot and handsome sons of the richest and most influential, intelligent, gifted. We're like that boy group you often sees in dramas where the leader falls in love with a poor, bullied girl. Only, we have no leader and while Lotus and Cart are actually dating and practically engaged, Jules is also having this thing with another guy and I'm not exactly pinning for just girls myself. We're very dreamy but also a nightmare for bachelorettes. 

"Did you hear? Quentin Miller's son is going to be at the gala tonight." Jules tells us as he types away on his smartphone probably messaging that bad boy who's been after his ass. 

"Finally? Last thing I heard he proceeded to have his Master's degree before coming back to the country." I heard it when I was entering third year in college so it could've fallen through for all I know. I'm not exactly the type who's up to date with what's happening to all these business related things. If not Dad or Papa, these three are my only source for news. "I've never met that guy though I've always heard of him. Cart, didn't you meet him in Bahamas during a business trip? How is he?"

Cart snorts clearly appalled by the thought of the guy. "He's nice looking alright, one who looks like he went out straight from a greek mythology book but believe me when I say that guy's a fucking disaster. I don't think that man of Jules can even compare, no offense brother. Jamie followed me there, remember? He saw the guy too. Tell him babe, what were your thoughts?" Right, I've forgotten the drama that came down that time. Lotus didn't know Cart went to Bahamas and him being all paranoid and dramatic thought Cart's going to meet a hot girl in a bikini and dump him. 

Lotus sips on to his iced coffee he brought from home before settling it down at the holder to tell his tale more animately. "Boy was he not just nice looking, the man's so FINE you'll drop on your knees so you can call him Master." I peak at Cart through the rear view mirror to see if he's jealous about his boyfriend talking about another man in his presence but he just roll his eyes and listen along. "If I wasn't taken, who knows what I could've done?" He's obviously kidding now. Cart and Lotus might not seem like it at first but their affection for each other rivals to that of my fathers and even uncle Peter and Ty's, Cart and Jule's parents. "Honeyboo here said the truth though. He's a player. There were five bikini-clad girls hanging off his arms when I met him, smug looking and proud. Gosh do I hate those types. I also got to talk to his secretary, a cousin of his. Girl said the guy's dangerous. He could woo you day 1 then crash your heart to the ground day 2." 

I shiver to the thought of him. Hearing what exactly this guy's up to is enough to make me remember once again why I'm feeling like shit deep inside. I should steer clear of this man if I still want to live a better life. Everyone knows I'm a sucker for hot dudes and bad boys. If he is indeed what they described him to be then I'm definitely in danger. Crushes are for teenagers but I might just be living in a 21 year old body with a 16 year old mind. 

We arrive at Millers estate where all their parties have been held since forever. It has been decorated with so much blings you'd think it's a Swarovski museum. Every year they just keep getting more and more grand and when you think there's nothing that can make it better, the family proves you otherwise. 

Dad and Papa were waiting by the ballroom's door with Aiden looking so sour as always. He spots us as soon as we enter and makes his away to share his woes. "What did you do this time, kiddo?" We never really got finish talking about his relationship with Jasper but judging from the photo I mentioned before, they have probably reconciled already and started going out. "It's not me this time. I asked him to go with me tonight but he refused." So now he's sulking. "Of course he'd refuse. This party is not exactly friendly." I don't think Jasper has even gauged how much power we hold. "Give the kid a break. Bringing him here will surely cause him a heart attack." Aiden remains frowning but nodded otherwise. "Can you help me leave early though? I want to apologize to him. I think I pressured him too much." I'm thankful he at least has that sense to admit he's wrong. I ruffle his hair and nods a promise.

"Gosh babe, look at all these people. Even the director of Fukuda Corp. is here. She might've heard the son's coming. I know she's desperate but she could already pass for his grandmother." 

"Hey that's rude, idiot."

"I'm only stating facts here. Have you forgotten how she made a move on poor Julian? Boy was he traumatized." Lotus' right. Michelle Fukuda or Madame Fukuda is known to bait on boys our age. She was once married to a popular model but that went down the drain after she caught him cheating with an actress. Yes, very Hollywood type of drama. We were also at a party when she laid her eyes on Jules. I was only 18 and him 19 at that time. She led him to a room in the mansion and tried you know what. Good thing we were following them and rescued him before things got bad. Jules never tried getting close to older women after that. "I need some champagne in my system now. Are you coming with?" I shake my head and make my way to the adjacent room instead.

The party's already at its high but there's still no traces of Quentin Millers' son. Here we are thinking he's the main reason why much more people are gathered tonight to that of the years before. I usually don't last as long as Lotus and the twins during parties and this room right here has always been my escape. Helena, Quentin Miller's wife was the one who told me of this place. Although situated just beside the ballroom, no one really cares to go here. I've seen her earlier when I just came in and she gives me the softest smile and knowing eyes. She'll probably join me later when all the formalities are done just like we always do. 

I bring out my phone and make the mistake of going through my messages again. I'm a wreck for doing to this to myself but I can't help but hold on. I read the sweet words, the empty promises; ones that were made in a span of a day but felt like years to me. Then, I read the pleas, the cries, the long messages that were never returned. What a pathetic piece of shit I am. I lay on the grand couch and close my eyes. How many more hours 'till I have to go back there to help my brother escape? How many more hours until I can just forget everything and hug myself to sleep?

"There, there! Yes, ugh! More, give me more babe! Don't stop!" What the actual fuck? 

The sound gets more vivid and I can't help but feel the embarrassment run through me. Who in their right mind would do something so-so-vulgar in a place like this specially with so much people just at the other room? Aren't they afraid there are paparazzi here waiting to take that snapshot that'll cause them thousands but havoc in the industry? I should probably mind my own business but I have so much respect for the Millers family for it to be tainted by careless, thoughtless teenagers who're too horny to care about something we call reputation. 

I make my way to where the sound is coming from and take a deep breath and rehearse my line before I turn them into embarrassment. It's fine. I got this. This is the right thing to do. On the count of one, two, "Noah! Ugh! Noah! Yes!" I open the door. "What the hell!?" 

"Hi." Awkwardness, shame, regrets. "Can you please, um, not do it here? I'm trying to rest if you don't mind. I think this estate has enough rooms you can borrow. I can talk to Helena if you want?" I made it a point not to look at the guy who didn't seem to be shaken at all and who's name I also refuse to say. I can't un-hear it being moaned like that anymore. The girl, the girl I stare at blankly though. I know her, also from childhood. Zara Hubert. Her family's known to be incredibly religious and kind; offering goods to all the orphanages around town and pushing for all sorts of advocacies. We all know it's just a front but the greatest of them all is obviously this woman with nothing on her but her floral-printed bra.

"Kyle Mayers!" She shrieks. Yup, that's me. "I-I, please don't tell my mom or my dad! They-um-" Poor girl close to tears but i've seen enough tears to know that she's just embarrassed not really sorry. "Just go, Zara. Here, have my jacket." Lotus' going to kill me for giving away his magnificent creation. "And um, yes, you, sir, don't worry. I don't know you. I'll keep my mouth shut so goodbye." I make a turn to scramble off to god knows where but his hand reaches for the back of my shirt and stops me to face him. 

Fuck my life. He's a god. "Kyle Mayers, was it?" And his voice, it's so fucking- "I heard a lot about you. I'm Noah Millers."